This is an exciting and challenging position for a highly motivated and energetic individual who will play a key role in maximising the performance of new customer lending. You must enjoy working in a very fast-paced, highly flexible, dynamic environment.
Based in Milton Keynes but initially working from home, you will support new business lending through price optimisation, product selection and profitability modelling. You will be analysing all aspects of application data and early performance to recommend changes to the new business strategy to increase customer profitability and good customer outcomes.
118 118 Money is a financial services business offering personal loans and credit cards to customers through clear and transparent propositions; targeting a wide audience, we are here when the customer need us. To deliver on this we apply best in class machine learning techniques to be able to offer products and pricing where other financial providers may not. Our aim is to excellently serve our customers through slick self-servicing capability and our Centers of Excellence customer service teams in the UK and Philippines.
You will be a hands-on analytical financial services professional with experience in data manipulation, pricing, profitability modelling and strategy development. You should be able to work well with other teams in the business to deliver improved pricing and product selection across both cards and loans products.
- Maximise the profitability of the loans and credit cards portfolio through driving the pricing strategy
- Build unit of one profitability models across cards and loans which drive pricing and product decisions
- Deliver actualised back book unit of ones which the portfolio is monitored against and feeds into the budgeting process
- Deliver a price optimisation solution for loans new business
- Provide tactical and strategic insight into product/customer profitability and adjust pricing and product strategy accordingly to meet minimum return thresholds
- Recommend scorecard cut-off changes to drive profitability
- Active stakeholder in scorecard user interface, inputting requirements, testing and utilising the tool as it becomes available
- Pro-actively liaising with the technology team to drive delivery of your recommendations and ensure rigorous testing of implementation
- Take ownership of external new lending relationships such as bureaus
- Design and develop MI and regular reporting for senior management
- Support and mentor analysts in the wider team
- Work as a team player supporting data requests and other ad-hoc tasks
The Ideal Candidate
- Strong analytical experience
- SQL coding skills
- Expert excel skills
- Personal Loans/Credit Cards analytical experience
- Commercially minded - can turn numbers into business decisions
- Self-starter with ability to think independently
- Ability to self-manage multiple projects and priorities
- Hands-on experience of champion challenger strategies
- Experience with R is desirable
- Management experience desirable
Please be aware that should we pursue your application, all our Financial Services employees will be expected to complete a standard CRB & adverse finance check to comply with regulatory requirements.
118 118 Money requires your personal data to process your application for a position within our Company.
If your application is successful through to telephone screening/interview, and you are not selected for a role, we may store your personal data for 3 years to enable our HR team to contact you should future roles be advertised.
Where you apply, but are not selected for telephone screening/interview, we will delete your personal data once the position is filled.
118 118 money does not use automated decisioning or profiling when selecting candidates.