Assurance Analyst - Operational Risk
At 118 118 Money, we help people every day. Our innovative personal loans and revolutionary credit cards have been game changers in the UK financial services space, giving folks access to the affordable credit that we believe they deserve.
This role can be based in Milton Keynes, London or Cardiff.
As part of the 2nd Line of Defence function, the role holder will be responsible for providing independent advice, analysis and assurance of the firm’s control environment. Focusing primarily, but not exclusively, on Operational Risk the role holder will work across all functions (Technology, Marketing, Finance, Operations, etc) helping to assure that the business operates in control and can easily evidence this to internal and external audiences.
· Focusing primarily on Operational Risk, analyse the current controls environment assessing; the design and effectiveness of the current controls and the ability of the business to effectively evidence these controls
· Support the business areas to pro-actively identify their control gaps and provide independent assurance of the Risk Treatment plans designed to mitigate or close these gaps
· Support business areas in completing robust risk assessments for new projects and initiatives to ensure the suitability of current controls and/or that new controls are implemented as part of the project
· Support the deliver of 3LoD Audits across the business
· Ensure appropriate reporting of risks and controls at all relevant internal committee meetings
· Support / lead the delivery of the wider Risk Management Strategy – examples of this may include; developing risk management training materials, supporting a thematic review of customer outcomes across the business, selecting and implementing new risk management systems, etc
The Ideal Candidate
- Proven experience within a 1st Line of Defence or 2nd Line of Defence function within a Financial Services firm or as a Business Analyst within a Financial Services firm
- A strong understanding of Risk Management, Controls and Governance – whilst focused primarily on Operational Risks across the business the role holder will also be exposed to the other 5 risk pillars: Strategic, Customer, Credit, Compliance and Information Security
- Proven analytical abilities are essential with process mapping experience desirable
- An appreciation of the relevant legislation and regulation that determines how the 118 118 Money business should operate, conduct itself and treat its customers
- Proven ability to work with and appropriately challenge stakeholders of all grades – both internal and external stakeholders
- Strong communication skills with an ability to convey complex messages in an easy to understand manner
- Should be proactive, able to work on your own initiative, juggle competing demands whilst effectively managing your own workload.
Please be aware that should we pursue your application, all our Financial Services employees will be expected to complete background checks to assess suitability for employment, these include; a criminal record, identity, sanctions, adverse finance, fraud prevention and reference checks to comply with our regulatory requirements.