Assurance Manager - Credit Risk
At 118 118 Money, we help people every day. Our innovative personal loans and revolutionary credit cards have been game changers in the UK financial services space, giving folks access to the affordable credit that we believe they deserve.
As the Credit Risk 2nd Line of Defence (2LoD) Assurance Manager you’ll be responsible for designing and executing a range of activities that provide independent assurance of the data, models, analysis and management information produced by the Credit Risk and Finance functions. The role will also provide opportunities to shape and deliver critical elements of the firm’s Enterprise Risk Management framework, engaging directly with the Executive Team.
Design and Execute 2LoD Assurance Activities
- Focusing primarily on Credit and Financial Risk, design and execute activities to provide independent assurance and challenge of all key analytical inputs and outputs including; data, models, strategies, MI
- Assess, and help improve, the 1LoD control environment that ensures and preserves the accuracy and integrity of Credit & Financial analysis and reporting
- Support the Director of Risk & Control in designing and delivering 2LoD assurance activities with Credit Risk and Finance and across the wider business, spanning our Operational, Customer, Information Security, Compliance and Information Security Risk Pillars
Other Key Tasks
- Support the delivery of 3LoD activity within the Credit Risk and Financial functions ensuring the smooth execution of the audits and completion of any committed management actions
- Provide analysis and recommendations to ensure new products, channels and initiatives are launched with appropriate controls, risk identification and risk management
- Support the monthly Credit Risk Committee ensuring that all relevant risks are discussed and, where necessary, escalated to the Enterprise Risk Management Committee
The Ideal Candidate
- Proven analytical experience working within a Credit Risk function and/or of providing 2LoD assurance of Credit & Financial Risk
- Experience of building models, scorecards or risk management strategies would be advantageous
- Good knowledge of regulatory and compliance standards impacting the Credit Risk and Finance functions within a Financial Services business
- A broad working knowledge of Governance, Risk and Control – previous experience working within a 1st or 2nd Line of Defence function would be advantageous
- Proven ability to work with, and effectively challenge, stakeholders across the organisation, including those with subject matter expertise in Credit & Finance
- A demonstrable ability and willingness to take on and resolve challenges outside of their immediate area of expertise or responsibility
- Team Leader experience is desirable but not essential
Please be aware that should we pursue your application, all our Financial Services employees will be expected to complete background checks to assess suitability for employment, these include; a criminal record, identity, sanctions, adverse finance, fraud prevention and reference checks to comply with our regulatory requirements.
118 118 Money requires your personal data to process your application for a position within our Company.
If your application is successful through to telephone screening/interview, and you are not selected for a role, we may store your personal data for 3 years to enable our HR team to contact you should future roles be advertised.
Where you apply, but are not selected for telephone screening/interview, we will delete your personal data once the position is filled.
118 118 money does not use automated decisioning or profiling when selecting candidates.