Based in Milton Keynes, this is an exciting and challenging position for a commercially focused, self-starter who thrives on new challenges, possesses true entrepreneurial spirit and enjoys working in a fast-paced, highly flexible environment.
118 118 Money Keeps Britain Running! Life is sometimes messy, unpredictable and surprising — that’s where we come in. We provide personalised financial solutions so our customers can handle whatever lands in their path, to get back out there and get on.
Launched in 2013, we came to shake up the traditional UK financial services industry with our unsecured personal loan product. Always looking to challenge the status quo, we also recently launched the 118 118 Money Card, the first ever subscription-based credit card on the market.
In this role you will be working with teams across the organisation to define, build and roll-out innovative technology and business processes in a fast-paced environment.
We have an ambitions roadmap that we’re all excited about, as we come to deliver these milestones we need to ensure we have the required systems and processes in place to support our customers and run our organisation.
No two days will be the same. This is a fast moving, start-up environment and we want a well organised, analytical and action-oriented Business Analyst help accomplish our ambitious goals. There will be processes that need to be documented and compliance tasks that needs to be done, but you will also be involved in the front line, working with our customers and support teams to build a business that is going to continue to grow in the financial services industry.
- Your role will consist of 4 main areas;
- Business Requirements – working with the business owner as well as the various areas of the business to ensure that requirements are appropriately gathered and documented in such a way that facilitates delivery.
- Support our delivery teams – our Product, Design and Engineering teams are organised by product, and you will spend part of your time working with each team to ensure our end-to-end journeys can be delivered, operationalised and supported.
- Setting up the processes to run our organisation - in addition to building the product, there are various tasks that need to be done to support the organisation. These tasks will be incredibly varied, but could include building a process model to support multiple teams, identifying opportunities in the customer and operational lifecycle of a product or procuring and implementing new software systems.
- Supporting the operations during the delivery of new products and features - once we launch the product and operations teams will all be involved in, resolving issues as they arrive and iterating on our organisations processes.
The Ideal Candidate
- Experience in the financial space, ideally lending.
- Good understanding of the full lending process and the regulatory landscape surrounding consumer lending.
- You can demonstrate a track record of high performance.
- You have experience overcoming challenges to deliver a big project or launch a new product, service or business.
- You are comfortable working with complexity and ambiguity, and you take a logical approach to navigating this and identifying the key things that need to get done.
- You are comfortable working with stakeholders at different levels, and technical/non-technical teams, and you are the person that can join the dots between everything.
- You are calm under pressure and can lead a team through a (mini) crisis.
- Exceptional analytical and problem-solving skills, and experience applying those skills to resolve product design and technical issues
- Change Management skills including risk and issue management.
- Experience working with Agile methodologies such as Scrum or Kanban as well as software such as Jira (key).
About the Company
Please be aware that should we pursue your application, all our Financial Services employees will be expected to complete a standard CRB, identity & adverse finance check to comply with regulatory requirements.
118 118 Money requires your personal data to process your application for a position within our Company.
If your application is successful through to telephone screening/interview, and you are not selected for a role, we may store your personal data for 3 years to enable our HR team to contact you should future roles be advertised.
Where you apply, but are not selected for telephone screening/interview, we will delete your personal data once the position is filled.
118 118 money does not use automated decisioning or profiling when selecting candidates.