Cloud Systems & Service Reliability Engineer
At 118 118 Money, we help people every day. Our innovative personal loans and revolutionary credit cards have been game changers in the UK financial services space, giving folks access to the affordable credit that we believe they deserve.
Based in London, Milton Keynes or Cardiff, the role will involve assisting in the design of new server and serverless based solutions to provide hybrid cloud based services to a leading financial services business. Responsible delivering a highly scalable and secure cloud based service and for providing all levels of support for incidents and problems whilst technically diagnosing faults and ensuring a prompt restoration of service.
· To work with cloud providers, specifically to integrate corporate and hosted services
· To undertake the design, implementation and support of solutions within a complex multi cloud environment.
· To work with development, application and operations teams to ensure the underlying infrastructure scales as required.
· Assist the data team with storing and securing very large data sets containing confidential financial information.
· Ensure the cloud systems are architected to best practice and recommend changes where required.
· Assist the wider technology group on projects to streamline and optimize the infrastructure.
· Undertake thorough root cause analyses of problems in line with third party vendors where appropriate.
· Assist Release Coordinators in all aspects of the software release process
· Ensure all releases details are communicated to stakeholders
· Monitor systems pre\post release and liaise with operational teams to ensure release success
· Identification of sources and trends of technical problems to prevent future occurrences by ongoing monitoring
· Perform system and SAAS installations/upgrades & co-ordinate between development, testing and operations to deliver high quality support following a robust change management processes.
· Perform Patch Administration & co-ordination across all platforms and ensure of protection against malware and zero day exploits.
· Perform and manage disaster recovery plan for all systems and services.
· Perform user management activities at local and remote sites.
· To provide advice and guidance on Linux\Windows\MAC administration and management.
· Provide solutions that meet the requirements of DSS\PCI certification.
· Improvement of Global processes and procedures.
Interface with senior business leaders
The Ideal Candidate
- A Bachelor's degree from an accredited university in computer science, information systems, engineering, or other related scientific or technical discipline. (May substitute related experience for educational requirement)
- Significant experience in designing, installing and maintaining large scale cloud based systems
- Advanced experience with data center and call center operations
- Experience in the release management life cycle and software automation
- Advanced experience in managing multi domain Active Directory and cloud based infrastructure
- Advanced experience in supporting a 200+ dispersed user base operating 24x7
- Experience in Industry Standard InfoSec and PCI compliant environments
- Experience of Cloud computing, in particular Amazon’s AWS cloud based service.
- Experience of working with virtual and serverless systems in the AWS cloud.
- Experience in implementing AWS SAAS solutions including, VPC, ECS, Fargate, S3, Lamda and API Gateway on a large scale.
- Experience of deploying web services to include Apache\NGINX\IIS to handle 000s of concurrent connections.
- Experience in Microsoft Windows 2012 - 2019 administration.
- Experience in supporting Windows 10 and MacOS..
- Experience of enterprise scale data retention and DR best practices.
Please be aware that should we pursue your application, all our Financial Services employees will be expected to complete background check; including but not limited to DBS check, identity check, sanctions check and adverse finance credit to comply with regulatory requirements