Role: Commercial Analyst
Role location: Cardiff OR London OR Milton Keynes
Salary: Competitive + excellent benefits
Who are we?
Life is sometimes messy, unpredictable, and surprising — that’s where we come in. 118 118 Money is a fast-growing tech enabled disruptor in the financial services market. Our mission is to help our customers handle whatever lands in their path, so they can get back out there and get on.
We hit the ground running in 2013 with our revolutionary unsecured personal loans and credit cards, giving UK residents access to credit at fair and affordable rates that we believe they deserve.
We have offices in Cardiff, Milton Keynes, with our HQ in London, the UK. Our customers teams are based in Manila, the Philippines.
Our people are the heart of our business, this is a theme we all share as we look to build our people capability for the future. We recognise, reward, and celebrate great performance and behaviour. We provide a positive environment for our people to collaborate and thrive. We recruit great talent who share our values and ambition.
The opportunity – we promise it’s a great one!
This is an exciting and challenging position for a highly motivated and energetic individual who will play a key role in all aspects of existing customer management (ECM) across the 118118 Money credit card portfolio. You must enjoy working in a very fast-paced, highly flexible, dynamic environment. Based in Milton Keynes/London/Cardiff with remote working available, you will be responsible for monitoring all risk processes within existing customer management with a focus on portfolio reporting and insight, risk analytics, and customer management strategies.
118 118 Money is a financial services business offering personal loans and credit cards to customers through clear and transparent propositions; targeting a wide audience, we are here when the customer need us. To deliver on this we apply best in class machine learning techniques to be able to offer products and pricing where other financial providers may not. Our aim is to excellently serve our customers through slick self-servicing capability and our Centers of Excellence customer service teams in the UK and Philippines.
You will be a hands-on analytical financial services professional. You should be able to work well with other teams in the business as well as influence effectively at all levels to drive your deliverables forwards.
What will you be doing?
- Assist in further developing the ECM strategies, helping to build and incorporate machine learning models and data mining new and existing sources to further improve performance
- Drive the development, execution and automation of all ECM insight reporting
- Implement and monitor champion/challenger strategies in order to optimize performance of portfolio, driving significant improvements in risk and profitability metrics
- Ensure Risk & Control is central to all existing strategies and developments
The Ideal Candidate
What you’ll need:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Experience working in a data driven environment
- SQL coding skills
- Expert excel skills
- Self-starter with ability to think independently
- Ability to self-manage multiple projects and priorities
- Ability to work with limited supervision and with a high level of self-motivation
- R and/or Python experience is desirable
About the Company
What’s in it for you?
- A competitive salary
- Company bonus scheme - if the business does well, you should get rewarded for your hard work
- 25 days' annual leave (plus bank holidays) – your balance stars from day 1 so don’t delay and start planning your time off!
- Company pension scheme – we provide an enhanced pension scheme with generous employer contributions to set you up for the future which includes life cover of 4x your base salary
- Cycle to work scheme – you’ll have the opportunity to purchase a new bike and pay us back each month
- Eye test – you can claim a freebie each year, or if your needs change
- Private Medical Insurance – for qualifying roles, you will be eligible to join the scheme (subject to the insurer’s criteria)
- Employee Assistance Programme - we offer membership to a recognised scheme to support you and your wellbeing
- A strong ethos of equality, diversity, and inclusion
- Wide business exposure, in terms of business disciplines, projects and stakeholders
- Direct contribution to business transformation and growth
- Huge learning and career progression opportunities
- Being valued as an individual from our team
- Full training, support and mentoring to develop a successful career in financial services
Like what you’ve heard? Great - apply now!
As a candidate, we know the interview process can be daunting and so it’s important that you have a great experience with us. We will do all we can to make sure you are fully informed, are excited by our story so we get to see the best from you. Following your application, we will want to learn more about you, your motivations, experiences, and values. In turn, you get to learn about our business, our culture, the role and what we can offer you.
Equal Opportunity Employer
At 118 118 Money we are passionate about equality, diversity, and inclusion. We are committed to being representative of different cultures, background, lifestyles, and groups, where everyone has an equal chance to succeed. It is our policy to treat everyone fairly and to ensure no one is disadvantaged or receives less favourable treatment.
How we handle your data
118 118 Money requires your personal data to process your application for a position within our Company.
If your application is successful through to telephone screening/interview, and you are not selected for a role, we may store your personal data for 12 months to enable our HR team to contact you should future roles be advertised. Where you apply, but are not selected for telephone screening/interview, we will delete your personal data once the position is filled.
Please be aware that should we pursue your application, all our Financial Services employees will be expected to complete background checks to assess suitability for employment, these include; a criminal record, identity, sanctions, adverse finance, fraud prevention and reference checks to comply with our regulatory requirements.