Complaints Handler - Responsible Lending
At 118 118 Money, we help people every day. Our innovative personal loans and revolutionary credit cards have been game changers in the UK financial services space, giving folks access to the affordable credit that we believe they deserve.
Based in Cardiff, this is an exciting and challenging position for a highly motivated, customer focused and confident individual who is looking to be part of a developing financial services business.
This position will report to the Complaints Team Leader in the day-to-day management and resolution of irresponsible lending complaints regarding both our loan and cards products. You will have a good knowledge of our historical underwriting practices and be aware of all our company policies and procedures.
You should have first class communication skills, both verbal and written, and be able to work within the regulatory timescales. In addition to this, you should have a good working knowledge of the Microsoft Office suite
· Fully understand the customer journey from application to closure, interacting with other business functions understanding customer contact and dissatisfaction drivers to support delivery of continuous improvement.
· Display in-depth knowledge of the Underwriting process from end to end.
· Acknowledge receipt of, set and manage customer expectations for all irresponsible lending complaints whilst remaining focused on quality at all times.
· A calm manner and sensible approach is required, as you may have to diffuse difficult situations with an ability to show empathy for a customer.
· You should be proactive, able to work on your own initiative, juggle competing demands and problem solve seeking first time resolution whilst effectively managing own workload.
· Write comprehensive response letters including any holding response where required, demonstrating empathy whilst seeking resolution.
· Record all complaints onto a database that can be analysed to provide trend information.
· Analyse complaints data, understand root cause and to provide suggestions regarding service improvement.
· Ability to constructively feedback development points to other business functions to drive customer satisfaction and resolution whilst adhering to regulatory and company guidelines.
· Maintain detailed knowledge of the customer journey from application to account closure focusing on process, product, financial transactions and systems.
· Respond to FOS queries on responsible lending cases.
· Undertake any other reasonable tasks as requested by the management.
The Ideal Candidate
- Previous experience of dealing with complaints in a busy, customer focused financial services environment would be desirable
- In-depth underwriting experience is essential.
- Customer advocate with the ability to provide consistent resolutions.
- Proven ability to analyse data, recommending and implementing changes to enhance the customer experience.
- Demonstrates ownership and accountability for issues with a high attention to detail.
- An excellent work ethic with a real passion to drive improvement and a proven ability to enhance customer satisfaction levels.
- Strong communication, relationship building and stakeholder management skills.
- Self-motivated, able to operate independently.
Please be aware that should we pursue your application, all our Financial Services employees will be expected to complete background checks to assess suitability for employment, these include; a criminal record, identity, sanctions, adverse finance, fraud prevention and reference checks to comply with our regulatory requirements.
118 118 Money requires your personal data to process your application for a position within our Company.
If your application is successful through to telephone screening/interview, and you are not selected for a role, we may store your personal data for 3 years to enable our HR team to contact you should future roles be advertised.
Where you apply, but are not selected for telephone screening/interview, we will delete your personal data once the position is filled.
118 118 money does not use automated decisioning or profiling when selecting candidates.