At 118 118 Money, we help people every day. Our innovative personal loans and revolutionary credit cards have been game changers in the UK financial services space, giving folks access to the affordable credit that we believe they deserve. Our customers are at the heart of everything we do and we are continually looking for ways to do things better, in order to do that we’re bulking up our compliance capabilities — that’s where you come in!
We are hiring:
Based in Cardiff, you will play a supporting role in the day-to-day running of the compliance function. The main objective of the Compliance Advisor is to support and assist the Compliance Advisory Manager and the Director of Compliance and Risk Operations in fulfilling all aspects of day-to-day compliance including thematic review work, compliance monitoring and offering compliance advice to the business. Duties will include maintaining and updating policies and procedures, investigating monitoring issues, undertaking compliance audits and helping to develop and maintain a robust compliance framework.
Who you are:
- You're experienced within Financial Services, preferably within a credit card or lending environment.
- You will have strong communications skills, both verbal and written, together with a good working knowledge of the Microsoft Office suite.
- Maintaining the compliance policies and procedures, suggesting additions and/or improvements where appropriate.
- Carry out required monitoring reviews within scheduled timescales, adding any further compliance reviews to the schedule where deemed necessary.
- Producing high quality monitoring reports, suggesting remedial action where required and tracking issues to closure.
- Ability to constructively feedback development points to other business functions to drive a positive compliance culture whilst adhering to regulatory and company guidelines.
- Producing MI for the Executive Management Team to review on an on-going basis.
- Maintain detailed knowledge of regulatory requirements from credit card application stage to account closure focusing on process improvement and monitoring.
- Keeping up-to-date with industry developments in consumer credit and providing documented regulatory updates to the risk and conduct committee and colleagues accordingly.
- Drafting and signing off of customer communications in accordance with the relevant legal provisions and regulations, tone of the company, and ensuring they are issued to customers in the correct timeframes. Furthermore, ensuring communications are signed off by all appropriate persons, and tested in the system’s UAT and production environment.
- Work closely with the developers aiding in any compliance related queries, attending relevant stakeholder meetings, raising issues on the project tracking software ‘JIRA’, and dip checking monitoring in the production environment.
- Providing compliance training material and/or training to colleagues where necessary.
- Undertaking any other reasonable tasks as requested by management.
The Ideal Candidate
- You should have a good understanding of the Consumer Credit Act and its application under FCA supervision.
- You should have experience of carrying out internal monitoring, producing comprehensive reports and advising on remedial action where necessary, tracking issues to closure.
- Previous experience in a Consumer Credit Compliance environment, with proven experience in a similar compliance role.
- Ability to drive a positive compliance culture.
- Demonstrates ownership and accountability for issues with a high attention to detail.
- An excellent work ethic with a real passion to drive improvement and a proven ability to enhance the internal regulatory framework.
- Strong communication skills.
- Self-motivated, able to operate independently.
- A calm manner and sensible approach is required, as you may have to deal with difficult situations in highlighting any business issues.
- You should be proactive, able to work on your own initiative, juggle competing demands whilst effectively managing your own workload.
Please be aware that should we pursue your application, all our Financial Services employees will be expected to complete a standard CRB & adverse finance check to comply with regulatory requirements.