Compliance QA Assistant
At 118 118 Money, we help people every day. Our innovative personal loans and revolutionary credit cards have been game changers in the UK financial services space, giving folks access to the affordable credit that we believe they deserve. Our customers are at the heart of everything we do and we are continually looking for ways to do things better, in order to do that we’re bulking up our compliance capabilities — that’s where you come in!
Based in Cardiff, this is an exciting and challenging position for a highly motivated, customer focused and confident individual who is looking to be part of a fast growing financial services business. This position will report to the Head of Compliance.
You will play a supporting role in the day-to-day running of the Compliance Quality Assurance function in the Compliance Monitoring Team. You will have an understanding of the Consumer Credit Act and be familiar with the FCA Handbook, particularly the Consumer Credit rules (CONC) and Treating Customers Fairly.
We require a candidate with strong Financial Services knowledge and experience preferably in a lending environment. You should have good communication skills, both verbal and written, together with good working knowledge of the Microsoft Office suite, in particular an ability to create MI that will be used for reporting purposes.
The main objective of the Compliance QA Assistant is to support all aspects of ‘second line of defence’ compliance including thematic review work, compliance monitoring and interfacing with the business.
· Carrying out required monitoring reviews within scheduled timescales.
· Producing high quality monitoring reports, suggesting remedial action where required and tracking issues to closure.
· Producing monthly QA MI for the Head of Compliance to review on an on-going basis.
· Ability to constructively feedback development points to other business functions to drive a positive compliance culture whilst adhering to regulatory and company guidelines.
· Maintain detailed knowledge of regulatory requirements from loan or card application stage to account closure focusing on process improvement and monitoring.
· Keeping up-to-date with industry developments in consumer credit.
· Undertake any other reasonable tasks as requested by management.
The Ideal Candidate
- You should have a good understanding of the Consumer Credit Act and its application under FCA supervision.
- You should have experience of carrying out internal monitoring, producing comprehensive reports and advising on remedial action where necessary, tracking issues to closure.
- Previous experience in a Consumer Credit Compliance environment, with proven experience in a similar compliance role.
- Ability to drive a positive compliance culture.
- Demonstrate ownership and accountability for issues with a high attention to detail.
- An excellent work ethic with a real passion to drive improvement and a proven ability to enhance the internal regulatory framework.
- Strong communication skills.
- Self-motivated, able to operate independently.
- Knowledge of MI reporting and skilled in the preparation of excel spreadsheets which will produce charts and data for reporting purposes.
- A calm manner and sensible approach is required, as you may have to deal with difficult situations in highlighting any business issues.
- You should be proactive, able to work on your own initiative, juggle competing demands whilst effectively managing your own workload.
Please be aware that should we pursue your application, all our Financial Services employees will be expected to complete background checks to assess suitability for employment, these include; a criminal record, identity, sanctions, adverse finance, fraud prevention and reference checks to comply with our regulatory requirements.