Credit Risk Analyst/ Senior Analyst
This is an exciting and challenging position for a highly motivated and energetic individual who is looking to advance their career in financial services. As an analyst/senior analyst, you will work on many aspects of the credit strategy around new customer acquisition for unsecured personal loans. This is a role for a talented professional with a highly analytical mind, who has tremendous self-motivation and the ability to learn quickly. You must enjoy working in a very fast-paced, highly flexible, dynamic environment.
Based in Cardiff or Milton Keynes, this role is responsible for constructing analysis for monitoring and enhancing the policies and strategies associated with customer acquisition. This implies owning projects from start to finish, including data extraction and manipulation, analysis, presentation of the findings and monitoring of the impact. The role reports to the Head of Analysis.
118 118 Money is a significant financial services business offering personal loans to customers who may find it hard to get credit from their banks, but don’t want to go down the route of a payday loan. Founded in 2013, 118 118 Money came to shake up the traditional UK financial services industry with their unsecured personal loan product and has launched a credit card product in April 2018. The business is growing rapidly and is looking to bulk up on analytical capabilities to effectively support that growth.
This is a position for a professional analyst, with extensive experience, in financial services. A degree or equivalent in an analytical or numerical subject is essential (e.g. mathematics, statistics, computing, engineering). Full training, support and mentoring will be given to develop a successful career in financial services as a risk analyst.
- Provide business with data based insight and recommendations for changes and improvements to product range, marketing activity, channel optimisation, strategy design, decisioning, pricing and application & operations processes
- Build and develop capability within the organization to design, monitor and enhance credit and fraud risk strategies and policies
- Produce reporting to monitor and provide insight across the customer acquisition journey making recommendations to change current processes and strategies
- Provide insight into portfolio and segment trends through targeted analysis, forecasting and the development of regular MI
- Work closely with colleagues across the group to deliver a wide range of projects
The Ideal Candidate
- Good relevant degree from a reputable university/college or equivalent in technical field (e.g. mathematics, physics, statistics or computing)
- Experienced user of SQL, ideally MS SQL Server but other similar RDBMS are acceptable
- Some experience of SAS or other statistical analysis tool (R, SPSS, Stata, etc.) would be a plus
- Highly proficient using Excel and/or other graphical analysis tools
- Other programming experience will be a major advantage
- Excellent communication skills and ability to convey complex ideas/insights to non-technical members of the team
- Ability to work in an extremely fast paced environment
- Self-motivated and ability to operate independently while being flexible to adapt to change
Please be aware that should we pursue your application, all our Financial Services employees will be expected to complete a standard level CRB, credit and identity check.
118 118 Money requires your personal data to process your application for a position within our Company.
If your application is successful through to telephone screening/interview, and you are not selected for a role, we may store your personal data for 3 years to enable our HR team to contact you should future roles be advertised.
Where you apply, but are not selected for telephone screening/interview, we will delete your personal data once the position is filled.
118 118 money does not use automated decisioning or profiling when selecting candidates.