Credit Risk Analyst
At 118 118 Money, we help people every day. Our innovative personal loans and revolutionary credit cards have been game changers in the UK financial services space, giving folks access to the affordable credit that we believe they deserve. To support our rapid growth, we’re bulking up our analytical capabilities — that’s where you come in!
We’re hiring: Analysts and Senior Analysts
You'll partner with industry-leading experts to work on many aspects of the credit lifecycle of unsecured consumer lending portfolios. Hone your analytical skills and dive into everything from customer acquisition strategy optimisation to credit risk policy and collections programmes. You'll own your projects from start to finish, including data extraction and manipulation, analysis, machine learning predictive modelling, presentation of the findings and monitoring of the impact. This role can be based in either Milton Keynes or Cardiff.
Who you are:
- You're eager to use your analytical mind to make a real difference in a fast-paced financial services challenger
- You're self-motivated and adaptable, with an ability to learn quickly
- You're looking to advance your career whilst tackling challenging analytical projects in a cross-functional role
- Provide the business with data-based insight and recommendations for changes and improvements to product range, marketing activity, channel optimisation, strategy design, decisioning, pricing and application & operational processes
- Build and develop capability within the organization to design, monitor and enhance credit and fraud risk strategies and policies
- Utilise big data across multiple sources to enhance the relationships with our customers
- Work with market-leading machine learning technologies to build best-in-class predictive models for application across the credit lifecycle
- Exploit AI solutions to automate and improve processes
- Produce reporting to monitor and provide insight across the customer acquisition journey, making recommendations to improve the current processes
- Provide insight into portfolio and segment trends through targeted analysis, forecasting and the development of regular MI
- Work closely with colleagues across the group to deliver a wide range of projects
The Ideal Candidate
What you’ll get:
- Competitive compensation
- Being valued as an individual from our team
- Wide business exposure, both in term of projects and stakeholders
- Direct contribution to business transformation and growth
- Huge learning and career progression opportunities
What you’ll need:
- Relevant degree from a reputable university/college or equivalent in technical field (e.g. mathematics, physics, statistics or computing)
- Experience with SQL (ideally MS SQL Server, but other similar RDBMS are desirable, too)
- An aptitude for getting to the bottom of a particular problem, breaking it apart and understanding it, before designing and implementing a solution
- Understanding of the principles behind big data, machine learning, AI
- Highly proficient using Excel and/or other graphical analysis tools
- Excellent communication skills and ability to convey complex ideas/insights to non-technical members of the team
- Some experience of SAS or other statistical analysis tool (R, Python, SPSS, Stata, etc.)
- Other programming experience
About the Company
Please be aware that should we pursue your application, all our Financial Services employees will be expected to complete a standard level CRB, credit and identity check.
118 118 Money requires your personal data to process your application for a position within our Company.
If your application is successful through to telephone screening/interview, and you are not selected for a role, we may store your personal data for 3 years to enable our HR team to contact you should future roles be advertised.
Where you apply, but are not selected for telephone screening/interview, we will delete your personal data once the position is filled.
118 118 money does not use automated decisioning or profiling when selecting candidates.