Cyber Incident Manager
At 118 118 Money, we help people every day. Our innovative personal loans and revolutionary credit cards have been game changers in the UK financial services space, giving folks access to the affordable credit that we believe they deserve.
Based in Cardiff or London, we are looking for a proactive and experienced Cyber Incident Manager to own and lead the 118 118 Money cyber incident response strategy during a critical period where we define our incident response model and select new MDR and MSSP partners.
The role has two key functions: to prepare 118 118 Money for cyber security events and to provide leadership when incidents happen.
- Responsible for defining and delivering the strategy, you will ensure that all bases are covered through either internal capability (that you will build) or through relationships with MDR and MSSP partners (that you will lead the selection of and own the relationship for).
- You will define the technical capabilities required to enable incident detection, triage, response and reporting. This will include driving the delivery of technical requirements for system visibility, logging and auditing through MDR and SIEM platforms.
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders to develop a security incident response plan and supporting processes .
- Develop and document incident scenarios and their processes, ensuring that incident management procedures are updated, playbooks are accurate and key training is delivered.
- You will manage all third-party relationships associated with cyber incident response. This includes leading our MDR and MSSP tender process, delivering a new partnership for 2022.
The Ideal Candidate
- Demonstrable cyber incident response experience in a leadership role
- Experience managing MDR and MSSP partners in a shared responsibility incident response model
- This role does not require specific hands-on technical incident response experience, but this background would give a distinct advantage. Ideally you will be conversant with the security controls and incident response capabilities in Active Directory / Windows environments, AWS and Azure
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. The ability to convey complex information to a non-technical audience
- Project management skills and attributes
- Security related industry accreditations such as CCIM, GCIH, GIAC, CREST, CISM, CISP are desirable but not essential
Please be aware that should we pursue your application, all our Financial Services employees will be expected to complete background checks to assess suitability for employment, these include; a criminal record, identity, sanctions, adverse finance, fraud prevention and reference checks to comply with our regulatory requirements.