At 118 118 Money, we help people every day. Our innovative personal loans and revolutionary credit cards have been game changers in the UK financial services space, giving folks access to the affordable credit that we believe they deserve.
Based in London, Milton Keynes or Cardiff, this position is for a hands on experienced Data Engineer\Architect responsible for all aspects of data content management. The job role encompasses the full life-cycle of data, including requirements analysis, planning and design, physical implementation, maintenance and operational support of all data based services as required to meet the constantly changing business needs. There is a strong focus on security, performance and resiliency, all of which needs to be considered.
The candidate must be self-motivated, highly disciplined in all aspects of technical execution and a quick learner with keen problem solving and analytic skills. Travel, overnight work and customer interaction is required. The highest level of tact and professionalism is required when working with customers and vendors during high priority time sensitive operations. The ability to effectively and successfully manage multiple time constrained priorities is a fundamental requirement. The ideal candidate will have proven abilities in one or more of the following in a cloud based environment: MSSQL, Oracle, Mongo.
· Manage database systems to deliver technology solutions in support of business strategy and growth.
· Identify and propose new technologies in the area of data streaming and how they could be employed within the organization using cloud based hosting.
· Manage a broad portfolio of data projects across many countries.
· Lead with technical expertise in the development of database systems and applications.
· Support multiple database engines with complex replication structures.
· Collaborate with stakeholders to plan and prioritize software deliveries, assembling releases and overall IT roadmap strategic plans.
· Deploy data changes using version control and automated code releases.
· Leverage understanding of technical architectures, capacity plans, tools requirements, automation, and product implementation plans.
· Lead triage of incidents, determine Root Cause and creating lasting solutions
The Ideal Candidate
- A Bachelor's degree from an accredited university in computer science, information systems, engineering, or other related scientific or technical discipline. (May substitute related experience for educational requirement)
- Data based certification or extensive hands on experience in an enterprise scale environment is required
- Significant experience in designing, installing and maintaining large scale resilient data systems
- Advanced experience with MSSQL
- Cloud based data environments – preferably AWS including S3 storage of content
- Replication\ETL processing and data streaming
- Support of hybrid data environment
- Performance optimization and reporting
- Automation of data releases
- Experience with enterprise scale data movement and segmentation
- Experience in ETL and data streaming technologies
- Experience of hosting and storing data in a cloud based environment (preferably AWS & S3)
- Experience in Industry Standard InfoSec and PCI compliant environments
Please be aware that should we pursue your application, all our Financial Services employees will be expected to complete background check; including but not limited to DBS check, identity check, sanctions check and adverse finance credit to comply with regulatory requirements.