Data Protection Assistant
Based in the Philippines, this is an exciting and challenging position for a highly motivated, customer focused and confident individual who is looking to be part of a fast growing financial services business. This position will report to the Data Protection Manager.
You will play a supporting role in the day-to-day management and resolution of data subject access requests. You will have an understanding of general data protection regulations in the UK and/or the Philippines.
We require a candidate with strong Financial Services knowledge and experience preferably in a lending environment who has experience of dealing with DSAR requests for UK customers.
The main objective of the Data Protection Assistant is to ensure that all relevant information is collated and provided to the customer ensuring that we meet our obligations under GDPR, UK Data Protection Act 2018 and the Philippines Data Privacy Act.
- we meet our obligations under GDPR in a compliant and timely way.
- Review logged Data Subject Access Requests and liaise where appropriate with other business functions to collate the required information from the customer’s records via internal systems (LMS, CATS, Email, Loan Agreements, Credit card agreements etc.,)
- Ensure that the dporequest mailbox and the associated responses are managed appropriately.
- Respond to the DSAR using the customer’s preferred method e.g., print and post information or via encrypted email.
- Escalate any DSARs that are ambiguous to the Data Protection Manager or Data Protection Officer.
- Ability to constructively feedback development points to other business functions to drive customer satisfaction and resolution whilst adhering to regulatory and company guidelines.
- Maintain detailed knowledge of the customer journey and their rights under GDPR from application to account closure.