At 118 118 Money, we help people every day. Our innovative personal loans and revolutionary credit cards have been game changers in the UK financial services space, giving folks access to the affordable credit that we believe they deserve. Our customers are at the heart of everything we do and we are continually looking for ways to do things better, in order to do that we’re scaling up our technology team — that’s where you come in!
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced DevOps to take the next step up and take a leadership role in architecting best practices into the technology lifecycle. The company’s technology landscape is going through an exciting transition and this role will play an integral part in defining the core foundations of a leading Fintech disruptor.
Architect and own the orchestration of a distributed systems delivery pipeline with a KPI of achieving fewer software failures and shortened lead time between fixes.
· Architecting the interoperability and communication best practices between systems and services.
· Microservices orchestration
· Design, develop, and implement software integrations
· Architect and maintain visualisation and monitoring tools
· Automate code delivery pipelines, e.g. ensuring all resources are provisioned when code is pushed.
· Setup rolling updates to achieve zero downtime.
· Automate software/services/microservices tests for security, performance, and availability
The Ideal Candidate
- Ideally degree educated and/or proven experience as DevOps in a medium to large scale setup.
- Experience with continuous integration, infrastructure automation, deployment orchestration, container concepts and cloud (ideally AWS).
- Experience in a regulated industry or listed business environment, particularly an FCA authorised business, preferred but not required
- Core understanding of the fundamentals of the release & technology stack life cycle.
- Experience working in an Agile development environment.
- Good cloud and systems architecture skills.
- Broad understanding of web development practices, technologies and tools.
- Ability to work independently and manage time effectively
- Ability to develop self and others
- Proven analytical and problem solving skills
- Effective communicator; communicating to people at all levels - above average people skills
- Willingness and ability to learn new technologies and concepts
- Ability to develop and document processes
- Strong time management and prioritisation skills
- Customer first mindset
- Attention to detail
- Customer focused
- Ethics and integrity
- Financial and regulatory management
- Advanced management
- Operational and project delivery
- Relationship building
- AWS VPC
- AWS PaaS offerings
- Octopus Deploy
Please be aware that should we pursue your application, all our Financial Services employees will be expected to complete background checks to assess suitability for employment, these include; a criminal record, identity, sanctions, adverse finance, fraud prevention and reference checks to comply with our regulatory requirements.