Director of Risk & Control
At 118 118 Money, we help people every day. Our innovative personal loans and revolutionary credit cards have been game changers in the UK financial services space, giving folks access to the affordable credit that we believe they deserve.
As the Director of Risk and Control, based in Milton Keynes, you will take responsibility for implementing and managing 118 118 Money’s risk management framework. You will report to the Chief Commercial Officer and work closely with the CEO to define and deliver Enterprise Risk matters.
The purpose of the role is to define, implement and manage a dynamic risk and control culture at 118118 Money, ensuring that appropriate evidence of the company's adherence to external regulation and internal compliance standards is permanently and readily available.
The role will span all risk types excluding Financial Risk (which will be managed by the Financial Controller) and IT Security Risk. Initially the role will focus on the Commercial area, with the expectation that the methodologies developed will be adopted business wide.
- Implement and manage 118118 Money's Risk Management Framework including:
- Committee Structure & Governance
- Policies & Policy Governance
- Risk Appetite Statements
- Enterprise Risk Management
- Internal & External Risk Reporting
- Implement and manage dynamic processes to identify, quantify and manage risk (operational risk, conduct risk, regulatory risk, credit risk, etc) and ensure effective risk mitigants and controls are both operated as designed and can be easily evidenced
- Deliver a programme of 1st Line Control Assurance activity providing independent reviews of the risk management and control environment
Execute Root Cause Analysis activity for all major incidents ensuring that control enhancements are identified and delivered as a result
The Ideal Candidate
- Extensive experience within a similar level role within risk and control in a financial services business
- Numerical degree (desirable)
- Proven ability to translate analytics insights into effective strategy
- A strong commercial acumen
- Self-starter attitude with good organisational skills
- Technical background with ability to pick up new systems rapidly and regularly
Please be aware that should we pursue your application, all our Financial Services employees will be expected to complete a standard CRB, identity & adverse finance check to comply with regulatory requirements.