At 118 118 Money, we help people every day. Our innovative personal loans and revolutionary credit cards have been game changers in the UK financial services space, giving folks access to the affordable credit that we believe they deserve. To support our rapid growth, we’re bulking up our finance department— that’s where you come in!
This is a role for a talented professional who has a passion for success and excels at performing detailed financial and business analysis/reporting. The role will be at the center of the 118118 Money business helping to define and plan financial strategies for the newly launched credit card proposition.
Based in Cardiff or Milton Keynes, the Financial Planning and Analysis Manager is responsible for providing analytical and business-planning support to maximize the product line and profitability. The aim is to develop analysis and insight through financial and quantitative analysis on key drivers of the product to help the senior management team make informed business decisions.
This position will report directly to the Head of Financial Planning and Analysis and will have strong links to the senior leadership team and the business globally. The successful candidate will help grow this business rapidly from infancy into a thriving and substantial business.
Who you are:
The ideal candidate will have a strong academic background, and experience in financial services FP&A or strategy roles. They will possess strong qualitative and quantitative analysis skills and have an intuitive understanding of the business drivers and metrics that affect revenue and results.
What you'll do:
- Develop and create advanced excel models from scratch to forecast and report business performance
- Working closely with the business leads to define and monitor the pricing and commercial strategy
- Lead the financial planning and analysis for a set of new products
- Perform ad-hoc business analysis to drive and improve the product’s performance
- Works with Marketing on implementation of promotions to ensure that promotional pricing is consistent with the overall pricing strategy
- Help identify and implement processes, systems and support which improve on-going business operations
- Research, and analyze business opportunities and competitive dynamics
- Help identify, analyze and develop opportunities for successful new products in line with the longer-term strategy.
The Ideal Candidate
What you'll need:
- Degree or equivilent from a top university
- ACA/CIMA/ACCA qualified accountant
- Demonstrated expertise in finance analysis and pricing (developing financial models from scratch, analysing financial statements and collating management information)
- Experienced analyst within UK financial services, preferably with experience of credit card products
- Significant understanding of the expectations and ongoing requirements of operating in a FCA regulated environment
- Advanced user of Microsoft Excel, and planning tools - proven ability to build comprehensive financial models
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Experience working with senior management team
- Strong quantitative analysis skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Capable of staying on track and pursuing solutions with limited supervision
- Ability to cope with the ambiguity that is consistent with the start-up of a new product
Please be aware that should we pursue your application, all our Financial Services employees will be expected to complete a standard CRB, identity & adverse finance check to comply with regulatory requirements.
118 118 Money requires your personal data to process your application for a position within our Company.
If your application is successful through to telephone screening/interview, and you are not selected for a role, we may store your personal data for 3 years to enable our HR team to contact you should future roles be advertised.
Where you apply, but are not selected for telephone screening/interview, we will delete your personal data once the position is filled.
118 118 money does not use automated decisioning or profiling when selecting candidates.