At 118 118 Money, we help people every day. Our innovative personal loans and revolutionary credit cards have been game changers in the UK financial services space, giving folks access to the affordable credit that we believe they deserve.
Based in Cardiff, the Financial Analyst will provide analytical and business-planning support for existing and potential new product lines to ensure the company’s continued growth and profitability. The aim is to develop analysis and insight to help senior management within finance and elsewhere in the business make better-informed business decisions. They will be expected to perform financial and quantitative analysis on key drivers of the business.
The ideal candidate will have a financial services background, with considerable analytical skills, able to take raw data, analyze it and perform sensitivity analysis using key drivers as inputs. This position will require partnering and working closely with senior business leaders. The successful candidate will not be afraid to dig into the details from the get go.
This position will have strong links to senior leadership, the business, operations and finance teams globally.
The role will be central to the planning and analysis function within finance. They will work closely with teams globally to provide accurate, timely, and high quality analysis. The Analyst will have hands on experience in helping develop and implement a global long-term corporate strategy by assisting in research, analysis and planning.
· Develop operating and financial models for new and existing businesses.
· Assist in the financial planning and analysis for 118 118 Money.
· Analysis and reporting of profit drivers of the business (income and cost base).
· Perform ad-hoc business analysis and deep dives into specific business issues.
· Research, and analyze new business opportunities and competitive dynamics.
· Assist in presentation writing for new opportunities, budgets.
· Assist in implementation of approved new business opportunities.
· Various ad hoc reporting.
The Ideal Candidate
- Degree from a top university/college.
- Studying or planning to become a qualified accountant in ACCA /CIMA.
- Demonstrated expertise in financial analysis (developing financial models, analysing financial statements, collating management information).
- Advanced user of Microsoft Excel, and planning tools - proven ability to build comprehensive financial models.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment.
- Experience working with senior management team.
- Strong quantitative analysis skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Capable of staying on track and pursuing solutions with limited supervision.
- Ability to cope with the ambiguity that is consistent with the start-up of a new product.
- Strong project management skills.
- Comfortable communicating with senior management is essential.
- Self motivated and able to work to tight deadlines.
Please be aware that should we pursue your application, all our Financial Services employees will be expected to complete a standard CRB & adverse finance check to comply with regulatory requirements.