Financial Reporting Manager
The Financial Reporting Manager plays a pivotal role in the accounting function of the credit card product offering, managing the daily operational based credit card accounting to trial balance, including month end procedures of the accounts in preparation for the Financial Controllers review.
Key responsibilities will include daily procedures; ensuring that the operational (TSYS) system balances and bank accounts are monitored and reconciled and all suspense accounting is managed and queries are followed up and cleared in a timely manner. Monthly responsibilities will include accrual / prepayment management, including taking all the accounts to a trial balance finalized position.
This role will report directly to the Financial Controller and will have strong links to senior leadership, the business (internal / external), operations and finance teams globally. The role will work closely with the loans accounting team sharing the same set of books. The role will need to be detailed oriented, possess strong communication skills and be able to work closely with the accounting and operations teams both locally and in the Philippines.
- Ensure the daily balancing of client system (TSYS) is complete
- Ensure all transactional client / bank reconciliations are completed on a daily basis and balance
- Management of the accounting team in the Philippines ensuring the key responsibilities are met by team on a daily basis and month end timetables are delivered.
- Management / Review of the balance sheet accounts and reconciliations, including suspense account management.
- Preparation/management of monthly management accounts including both financial and non-financial data.
- Facilitate the resolution of outstanding reconciling items with operations and the reporting suite.
- Ensure compliance with local statutory regulations (IFRS)
- Ensure credit card provision for losses is booked under IFRS 9 and US GAAP
- Full Madison CF Statutory audit with annual/quarterly audits and filings
- Testing new systems and automation of new processes, systems and products.
- Ad hoc requests
- Work with business/functional leaders to identify and recommend opportunities that drive process automation and optimization
The Ideal Candidate
- Experience working in a Finance position within a fast-paced business environment or an audit role within a professional firm.
- Good technical IFRS accounting knowledge
- Preferably a qualified accountant in ACA/ACCA /CIMA.
- Experience and comfort working with the senior finance and operations stakeholders.
- Highly proficient in Excel and specifically working with advanced functions like pivot tables, look-ups, macros and goal seek.
- Experience working with Oracle and building database queries a plus.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Good emotional intelligence demonstrating an ability to work collaboratively across the organisation.
- Self-starter / self-motivated, able to manage to tight deadlines and capable of staying on track and pursuing solutions without supervision.
- Ability, willingness and confidence to challenge opinions respectfully to offer alternatives and to construct a compelling argument to support an opinion.
- Energetic, enthusiastic, motivated and pro-active with a desire to make change happen.
- Ability to build rapport and influence outcomes.
Please be aware that should we pursue your application, all our Financial Services employees will be expected to complete a standard CRB, identity & adverse finance check to comply with regulatory requirements.