Fraud & Chargeback Team Leader
- Lead the credit card fraud and chargeback function ensuring that exceptional customer service is adhered to at all times
- Develop scripted email and chat responses to new customer questions and inquiries and make continued improvements to support emails, scripts, and training materials
- Be a champion and the voice of our customers by sharing feedback internally and advocating the customer to the rest of the company and your team
- Ensure that all activities are within the letter and spirit of both best practice and regulatory requirements
- Work with analytical, technical and management information functions to design, develop fraud prevention strategies and processes
- The role will consist of conducting both card fraud investigations and retail disputes complying with Mastercard rules and relevant regulation such as the FCA.
- Contacting customers to establish authenticity of transactions, following correct internal procedure including card blocking and reissuing
- Act as a point of reference for internal and external customers regarding Fraud and Chargebacks- Investigating information provided by customers to determine if they have a valid fraud claim
- Create and maintain Chargeback disputes through Mastercard Connect in line with timeframes, regulations and requirements.
- Liaise with cardholders and retailers through in-app chat, incoming calls and emails.
- Monitoring and handling account administration, closures and insolvencies.
- Documenting new processes and helping to identify areas for continuous improvement.
- Operating various prevention schemes to identify cases of attempted fraud in order to minimise loss to the client
- Analyse account activity such as payment and transaction history
- Investigate patterns of potential credit card fraud through various controls and act swiftly to mitigate customer and/or detriment
- Carefully handle potential fraudulent customers within regulatory standards, including the reporting of fraudulent activity using SARs (Suspicious Activity Reports)
The Ideal Candidate
- You're an experienced fraud prevention Team Leader within a credit card environment
- You will have strong communications skills, both verbal and written, together with a good working knowledge of the Microsoft Office suite.
At 118 118 Money, we help people every day. Our innovative personal loans and revolutionary credit cards have been game changers in the UK financial services space, giving folks access to the affordable credit that we believe they deserve. Our customers are at the heart of everything we do and we are continually looking for ways to do things better, in order to do that we’re bulking up our customer support capabilities — that’s where you come in!