Fraud and Chargeback Analyst
What you’ll do:
- The role will consist of conducting both card fraud investigations and retail disputes complying with Mastercard rules and relevant regulation such as the FCA.
- Contacting customers to establish authenticity of transactions, following correct internal procedure including card blocking and reissuing
- Act as a point of reference for internal and external customers regarding Fraud and Chargebacks- Investigating information provided by customers to determine if they have a valid fraud claim
- Create and maintain Chargeback disputes through Mastercard Connect in line with timeframes, regulations and requirements.
- Liaise with cardholders and retailers through in-app chat, incoming calls and emails.
- Monitoring and handling account administration, closures and insolvencies.
- Helping the Lending team to investigate customer queries as required.
- Documenting new processes and helping to identify areas for continuous improvement.
- Operating various prevention schemes to identify cases of attempted fraud in order to minimise loss to the client
- Analyse account activity such as payment and transaction history
- Investigate patterns of potential credit card fraud through various controls and act swiftly to mitigate customer and/or detriment
- Carefully handle potential fraudulent customers within regulatory standards, including the reporting of fraudulent activity using SARs (Suspicious Activity Reports)
What you’ll need:
- Proven experience working in a fraud prevention role either within a banking environment or for a merchant
- Previous experience in a Consumer Credit Compliance environment, with proven experience in a similar customer focussed fraud based role.
- Solid understanding and working knowledge of the MasterCard Authorisation chargeback policies
- Demonstrates ownership and accountability for issues with a high attention to detail.
- An excellent work ethic with a real passion to drive improvement and a proven ability to enhance the internal regulatory framework.
- Strong communication skills.
- Self-motivated, able to operate independently.
- A calm manner and sensible approach is required, as you may have to deal with difficult situations in highlighting any business issues.
- You should be proactive, able to work on your own initiative, juggle competing demands whilst effectively managing your own workload.
The Ideal Candidate
Who you are:
- You're an experienced fraud prevention customer service champion within a credit card environment
- You will have strong communications skills, both verbal and written, together with a good working knowledge of the Microsoft Office suite.
About the Company
At 118 118 Money, we help people every day. Our innovative personal loans and revolutionary credit cards have been game changers in the UK financial services space, giving folks access to the affordable credit that we believe they deserve. Our customers are at the heart of everything we do and we are continually looking for ways to do things better, in order to do that we’re bulking up our customer support capabilities — that’s where you come in!