Head of FP&A
At 118 118 Money, we help people every day. Our innovative personal loans and revolutionary credit cards have been game changers in the UK financial services space, giving folks access to the affordable credit that we believe they deserve.
Based in Milton Keynes or Cardiff, the Head of Financial Planning and Analysis is responsible for all forecasting, budgeting, financial modeling and variance analysis. The aim is to develop analysis and insight to help the senior management team make better informed business decisions.
The Head of Financial Planning and Analysis will partner with senior leadership to support the operations of the business. They will develop and manage financial models, provide financial guidance and support to the business and interact with the global Finance team in creating models, analysis, budgets and forecasts. They will work closely with teams globally to provide accurate, timely, and high quality analysis.
The ideal candidate will have a strong financial background in Financial Services, ideally with specialist credit card experience, with advanced analytical skills and experience partnering with senior management. The candidate will be comfortable taking raw data, analyzing it and presenting it to senior management to help support decisions in the business. This position will require working closely with senior business leaders and the accounting team on a daily basis.
· Responsible for developing comprehensive financial models.
· Responsible for monthly reporting package that includes key financial and non financial data that will be distributed to senior members of the business unit and to key leaders in the finance organization.
· Responsible for monthly forecast compilation, review with senior management and finance and submission to the global finance team.
· Responsible for end-to-end budget process, from gathering inputs, to reviewing and getting buy-in from senior management to final submission to the global finance team.
· Work with business leaders to develop and monitor KPIs that drive performance.
· Responsible for analyzing all business, industry and competitor trends to identify and present findings and recommendations to the Senior Management Team.
· Lead and manage the Financial Planning and Analysis Manager.
The Ideal Candidate
- Degree from a top tier university/college or equivalent.
- Relevant experience in an operational/strategic finance position within Financial Services.
- Highly proficient in excel – must be able to build complex financial models.
- Experience in investment banking and corporate finance a plus.
- Experience in developing and managing budgets and forecasts.
- Experience of working as part of a senior management team in a senior analytical role.
- Experience of managing a small team.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Self starter / self motivated, capable of staying on track and pursuing solutions without supervision.
- Ability to interact and communicate effectively with senior management is essential.
Please be aware that should we pursue your application, all our Financial Services employees will be expected to complete a standard CRB & adverse finance check to comply with regulatory requirements.