Head of Fraud
At 118 118 Money, we help people every day. Our innovative personal loans and revolutionary credit cards have been game changers in the UK financial services space, giving folks access to the affordable credit that we believe they deserve. To support our rapid growth, we’re bulking up our analytics department— that’s where you come in!
This is an exciting time at 118 118 Money as we look to expand our Fraud Analytics team and a great opportunity for an experienced Fraud Manager looking to take on more responsibility. As our Head of Fraud, based in Milton Keynes, you will take responsibility for helping to define our card fraud strategy.
You will be given the autonomy to conduct analysis to strengthen and redefine our card fraud strategy. This is a pivotal role where you will work closely with the wider analytics team and senior stakeholders across the business in striving to minimise negative impacts of fraud to our customers and 118 118 Money.
- Work with the wider team to define and implement the company's card fraud framework; ensuring our controls and key metrics are fit for purpose in the current fraud environment and to deal with emerging threats.
- Identify fraud trends, establish the root causes and take corrective action
- Build, implement and monitor new fraud tools & strategies to reduce fraud losses or improve customer experience
- Use your technical knowledge and fraud experience to assess external fraud management solutions, carry out proof of concept studies and work with the wider business implement where appropriate.
- Act as a fraud subject matter expert to help guide the businesses direction.
The Ideal Candidate
- Card fraud prevention experience within the financial services industry
- Experience of CardGuard, ADSI and ADS II would be advantageous, but not essential
- Numerical degree (desirable)
- Analytical experience using an analytical coding language (i.e. SQL, SAS, Python or R)
- Proven ability to translate analytics insights into effective strategy
- A strong commercial acumen
- Self-starter attitude with good organisational skills
- Technical background with ability to pick up new systems rapidly and regularly
Please be aware that should we pursue your application, all our Financial Services employees will be expected to complete a standard CRB, identity & adverse finance check to comply with regulatory requirements.