Head of HR
At 118 118 Money, we help people every day. Our innovative personal loans and revolutionary credit cards have been game changers in the UK financial services space, giving folks access to the affordable credit that we believe they deserve. Our customers are at the heart of everything we do and we are continually looking for ways to do things better, in order to do that we’re building on our Human Resources function — that’s where you come in!
This is an ideal role for a talented HR professional with a passion for success. The right candidate will have the experience and ability to apply their knowledge to create current and effective HR and recruitment polices that drive operational performance, in line with our goals.
The Head of HR will be a key role in the HR function of the business. This position will report directly to the Head of Operations with strong links to the HR Director in the UK.
The successful candidate will be responsible for managing the complete employee lifecycle and must have excellent leadership and communication skills as well as being able to build effective relationships across all departments.
The Head of HR will take overall responsibility for HR and Recruitment, supporting and managing the Recruitment Lead and HR Lead.
You will instill the values and behaviour’s we expect from our team members and deliver exceptional employee engagement.
The Ideal Candidate
- Degree level qualification (or equivalent)
- Previous HR experience in a financial services management or related industry role is essential.
- Significant experience of operating as a hands on HR Manager within a fast paced, highly flexible environment.
- Above average knowledge in Labor Law with experience in handling labor law cases.
- Strong recruitment and interviewing experience along with knowledgeable in modern recruitment platforms would be highly desirable.
- Ability to deal with ambiguity and able to interpret and consistently apply company policies and labour laws.
- Ability to manage stakeholder expectations, influence and mediate where necessary.
- Deadline driven and able to manage multiple priorities.
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely both in person and in writing.
- Ability to work in a fast paced constantly changing environment where multi-tasking is essential.
- Cool, calm and collected under pressure and can apply logic to solving problems that arise.
- The courage to challenge people to do the right thing and are comfortable coaching people through difficult choices and situations.
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook with experience using a HRMS.
Please be aware that should we pursue your application, all our Financial Services employees will be subject to the following an Employment Check (for the past 7 years), Public Record Search, Global Database Integrity Check, Criminal Records Check, Identity Verification and Citizenship Check.