Assist in the support and maintenance of Linux\MAC and Windows based systems for a growing financial services business. Responsible for providing full end to end user support for incidents and problems whilst technically diagnosing faults and ensuring a prompt restoration of service.
- To undertake the support, implementation of desktop and laptop systems within a complex multi OS environment.
- Undertake thorough root cause analyses of problems and liaise with third party vendors where appropriate
- Perform OS installations / upgrades & co-ordinate between development / testing / vendors to deliver the OS following change management processes
- Take the lead in ensuring the Servicedesk ticket allocation system is managed and maintained so to provide a 1st class self service experience to the customer base
- Perform Patch Administration & co-ordination across all platforms
- Perform backups and manage disaster recovery plan for all systems and services
- Perform user management activities
- To provide advice and guidance on system administration and management.
- Provide solutions that meet the requirements of DSS\PCI certification.
- Improvement of Global processes and procedures.
The Ideal Candidate
Understanding and experience of Cloud computing, in particular Amazon’s AWS cloud based service
Knowledge of Linux\MAC & Windows system administration
Microsoft Windows 10 administration
Knowledge of web services to include Apache\NGINX\IIS.
Experience of enterprise scale backup and DR best practices
Knowledge of supporting and optimizing MS SQL\MySQL & Oracle (preferable)
R2 Active Directory/system administration
TCP/IP networking on a global level
Advanced skills with DHCP, DNS, routing topologies and subnetting etc.
Experience with server monitoring technologies to include SNMP.
Clear understanding of networking devices and concepts
Ability to work independently and manage time effectively
Ability to develop self and others
Proven analytical and problem solving skills
Ability to gather data and pass that information onto peers, other departments, senior management or external suppliers for investigation
Effective communicator; ability to communicate to people at all levels - above average people skills
Willingness and ability to learn new technologies and concepts
Ability to present ideas clearly in non-technical terms
Ability to develop and document processes
Strong time management and prioritisation skills, including the ability to manage multiple projects and priorities.
Proven experience of working with cloud providers or hosting partners.
Proven experience of supporting a Linux\MAC & Microsoft client/server infrastructure.
Proven experience of supporting large enterprise-scale backend computing systems.
Degree in Computer Science or similar field is desirable, but not required.
Proven experience of deploying large scale solutions across multiple locations
Flexibility of working hours is essential (cover of on-call rotation may be required)