Based in Cardiff or Milton Keynes, this is an exciting and challenging position for a highly motivated and energetic individual who is looking to advance their career in financial services. This is a role for a talented professional with a highly analytical mind, who has tremendous self-motivation and the ability to learn quickly. You must enjoy working in a very fast-paced, highly flexible, dynamic environment.
118 118 Money is a significant financial services business offering personal loans to customers who may find it hard to get credit from their banks, but don’t want to go down the route of a payday loan. Founded in 2013, 118 118 Money came to shake up the traditional UK financial services industry with their unsecured personal loan product and has launched a credit card product in April 2018. The business is growing rapidly and is looking to bulk up on analytical capabilities to effectively support that growth.
The ideal candidate will have a very strong background in Reporting, Analytics, Transact SQL, and database development, preferably with experience in visual data representation. The successful candidate will be a key member of the business.
- Apply thorough understanding of current architecture in reporting and offer solutions to provide results in a timely and efficient manner.
- Help to drive reporting results by troubleshooting the data collection, storage and reporting process.
- Build and develop capability within the organization to design, monitor and visually represent data in a timely and efficient manner.
- Provide the business with the optimal reporting and data framework which will allow for sound judgment based decisions based on reporting requests.
- Produce reporting solutions to monitor and provide insight across the all aspects of the business, making recommendations to change current processes and strategies.
- Work closely with colleagues across the group to deliver projects and the change agenda
- Gather requirements and develop a single source of truth DataMart for the wider business team to use
The Ideal Candidate
- Degree from a top university/college or equivalent in technical field (e.g. mathematics, statistics)
- Highly skilled in database design and querying, specifically Microsoft SQL Server and (desirable) Oracle.
- Extensive and relevant experience in a data reporting position.
- Hands on experience and strong knowledge of the Microsoft BI Stack – TSQL, SSIS, SSAS, SSRS.
- Experience of other platforms such as Oracle, MySQL desirable.
- Ability to work in an extremely fast paced start-up environment
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Self-motivated / Operate independently
Please be aware that should we pursue your application, all our Financial Services employees will be expected to complete a standard level CRB, credit and identity check.
118 118 Money requires your personal data to process your application for a position within our Company.
If your application is successful through to telephone screening/interview, and you are not selected for a role, we may store your personal data for 3 years to enable our HR team to contact you should future roles be advertised.
Where you apply, but are not selected for telephone screening/interview, we will delete your personal data once the position is filled.
118 118 money does not use automated decisioning or profiling when selecting candidates.