This is an exciting and challenging position for a highly motivated and energetic individual who is looking for the next step in their career and who enjoys working in a fast-paced, highly flexible environment.
118 118 Money Keeps Britain Running! Life is sometimes messy, unpredictable and surprising — that’s where we come in. We provide personalised financial solutions so our customers can handle whatever lands in their path, to get back out there and get on.
Launched in 2013, we came to shake up the traditional UK financial services industry with our unsecured personal loan product. Always looking to challenge the status quo, we also recently launched the 118 118 Money Card, the first ever subscription-based credit card on the market.
The ideal candidate will have extensive software development experience in an agile environment, will have knowledge of consumer finance and be familiar with working across geographically dispersed teams.
- Design and develop custom .NET applications and components.
- Work with backend data solutions, both SQL and “NoSQL” data stores.
- Be an active participant in design sessions.
- Implement and perform Unit Tests.
- Work with QA to implement functional / load / integration tests as needed.
- Integrate 3rd party applications.
- Ensure proper software design for scalability, robustness, maintainability, and integration with other components and systems.
- Experience with Visual Studio (at least 2012)
The Ideal Candidate
- Extensive experience of software development experience.
- Demonstrated experience developing Web-based applications using C# and ASP.NET MVC.
- Experience in Object Oriented Programming, with demonstrated knowledge of Service Designs and Patterns.
- Demonstrated experience with RESTful services, WCF and other Web Services.
- Working knowledge of Oracle, SQL Server, or MySql.
- Understanding of .NET data access layer technologies including ADO.NET and LINQ to SQL.
- Demonstrated experience with Source control systems such as: TFS, SVN, Git, Mercurial, etc…
- Demonstrated knowledge of SOLID principles and Test-Driven Development.
- Experience with .NET Framework 4.5, ASP.NET MVC 5, WebAPI 2
- Experience with AngularJS and Single-Page Web Application development (SPA)
- Familiarity with multithreaded programming concepts
- Experience with Amazon and/or Microsoft cloud platforms
- Experience with NoSQL databases such MongoDB, DocumentDB, or Elastic Search.
- Experience with building messaging middle tier systems.
- Experience with web site security concepts in general, and distributed security concepts in particular (SSO technologies such as OAUTH, OpenID, Microsoft STS, SAML)
- Experience with ORM systems (Entity Framework, nHibernate, PetaPOCO, etc.).
- Experience building mobile applications (iOS, Android or Windows Phone preferred).
Please be aware that should we pursue your application, all our Financial Services employees will be expected to complete a standard CRB, identity & adverse finance check to comply with regulatory requirements.