Role: Project Manager
Role location: Milton Keynes (or Cardiff or London)
Salary: Competitive + excellent benefits
Who are we?
Life is sometimes messy, unpredictable, and surprising — that’s where we come in. 118 118 Money is a fast-growing tech enabled disruptor in the financial services market. Our mission is to help our customers handle whatever lands in their path, so they can get back out there and get on.
We hit the ground running in 2013 with our revolutionary unsecured personal loans and credit cards, giving UK residents access to credit at fair and affordable rates that we believe they deserve.
We have offices in Cardiff, Milton Keynes, with our HQ in London, the UK. Our customers teams are based in Manila, the Philippines.
Our people are the heart of our business, this is a theme we all share as we look to build our people capability for the future. We recognise, reward, and celebrate great performance and behaviour. We provide a positive environment for our people to collaborate and thrive. We recruit great talent who share our values and ambition.
The opportunity – we promise it’s a great one!
This is an exciting and challenging position for a talented Project manager who thrives on new challenges, possesses true entrepreneurial spirit and enjoys working in a fast-paced, highly flexible environment. You’ll be responsible for the delivery of multiple strategic projects that drive value across the organisation.
You’ll need to be a strong communicator in order to collaborate with multiple teams such as Product, technical team, senior management, Legal and Compliance and operations. You will have experience of delivering large scale business wide change initiatives and driving successful results. In addition, you must possess a unique blend of business and technical savvy; a big-picture vision, and an analytical mind to ensure no stone is unturned when delivering a project.
You will have a successful track record of managing complex project deliveries, ideally in the finance space or another regulated industry and have an intuitive understanding of the business drivers and metrics that affect revenue and results.
This role can be based in Milton Keynes, Cardiff or London. With a preference for MK or Cardiff.
What will you be doing?
• Work with multiple different departments across the business to deliver high value projects.
• Project manage delivery of multiple different projects across 118 118 Money driving requirements gathering, planning, delivery approach, testing and production readiness.
• Manage, coach and support existing delivery team and support Head of Product in delivery key strategic deliverables.
• Own project reporting, budget reporting and tracking of project plan.
• Define and own key best practice principles for project delivery ensuring that projects are fully auditable, governed and tracked via PWG or steering sessions.
• Add value by driving delivery and ensuring that RAID’s are clearly captured and socialised to the business.
• Be the conduit between the business and the technology team to ensure full alignment on project delivery timelines and tasks.
The Ideal Candidate
What you’ll need:
• 5+ years as project or programme manager delivery key strategic initiatives/transformation projects.
• Excellent communication skills across multiple levels of an organisation. The ability to explain technical solutions to non-technical audiences is essential.
• The Project manager should have a thorough understanding of technical solutions and be able to drive planning and prioritisation of workload for the teams.
• Scrum master qualification would be beneficial to ensure that technical teams are able to deliver value via backlog.
• Experience of Agile methodologies such as Agile and Kanban.
• Proactive by nature, deadline-conscious, results-driven, with a “can-do” orientation and winning attitude
• Teamwork and collaboration: you are effective at working with business teams and creating jointly owned goals and metrics
• Ability to operate autonomously is a must.
About the Company
What’s in it for you?
- A competitive salary
- Company bonus scheme - if the business does well, you should get rewarded for your hard work
- 25 days' annual leave (plus bank holidays) – your balance stars from day 1 so don’t delay and start planning your time off!
- Company pension scheme – we provide an enhanced pension scheme with generous employer contributions to set you up for the future which includes life cover of 4x your base salary
- Cycle to work scheme – you’ll have the opportunity to purchase a new bike and pay us back each month
- Eye test – you can claim a freebie each year, or if your needs change
- Private Medical Insurance – for qualifying roles, you will be eligible to join the scheme (subject to the insurer’s criteria)
- Employee Assistance Programme - we offer membership to a recognised scheme to support you and your wellbeing
- A strong ethos of equality, diversity, and inclusion
- Wide business exposure, in terms of business disciplines, projects and stakeholders
- Excellent technical development with best practice mentorship in analytical techniques
- Direct contribution to business transformation and growth
- Huge learning and career progression opportunities
- Being valued as an individual from our team
- Full training, support and mentoring to develop a successful career in financial services
Like what you’ve heard? Great - apply now!
As a candidate, we know the interview process can be daunting and so it’s important that you have a great experience with us. We will do all we can to make sure you are fully informed, are excited by our story so we get to see the best from you. Following your application, we will want to learn more about you, your motivations, experiences, and values. In turn, you get to learn about our business, our culture, the role and what we can offer you.
Equal Opportunity Employer
At 118 118 Money we are passionate about equality, diversity, and inclusion. We are committed to being representative of different cultures, background, lifestyles, and groups, where everyone has an equal chance to succeed. It is our policy to treat everyone fairly and to ensure no one is disadvantaged or receives less favourable treatment.
How we handle your data
118 118 Money requires your personal data to process your application for a position within our Company.
Please be aware that should we pursue your application, all our Financial Services employees will be expected to complete background checks to assess suitability for employment, these include; a criminal record, identity, sanctions, adverse finance, fraud prevention and reference checks to comply with our regulatory requirements.