Based in Austin Texas, this is an exciting and challenging position for a highly motivated and energetic individual who is looking for the next step in their career. You must enjoy working in a very fast-paced, highly flexible environment.
The ideal candidate must have a working technical knowledge of manual test case creation and execution; as well as be able to create test cases within a defined framework for web, mobile and desktop applications. They will have a good foundation of test techniques and a numerate background.
The role will primarily be and hands on role to create and execute manual test cases on particular projects. This will involve, but not be limited to, developing test cases, bug reports and other test artifacts. The role will work as part of a geographically dispersed team across three continents.
- Develop and execute manual and test cases in an Agile environment.
- Identification, investigation, reporting and tracking bugs to resolution.
- Configuration of hardware and software as required by test plans.
- Provide progress reports on all assigned tasks as requested.
- Identify, investigate, reporting and tracking bugs to resolution.
- Assist with driving root-cause analysis/continuous improvement activities.
- Work with developers, customer services and operations to perform escalated problem diagnosis.
- Understand the impact of technical changes on business processes and advise accordingly in technical planning sessions.
- Ensure delivery against all QA tactical and strategic goals and objectives.
- Contribute to reporting of key QA & Test metrics.
The Ideal Candidate
- A minimum 2:1 in a numerate discipline bachelor’s degree.
- Good knowledge and understanding of software testing techniques.
- Experience in testing web services (REST and/or SOAP).
- Knowledge of HTTP, Web and XML technology.
- Experience working with databases such as MS SQL and/or Oracle.
- Experience with QA processes and tools, test management systems, QA automation, bug analysis & trends, etc.
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills needed.
- Self-directed, with a passion for delivering quality products to production.
- Good organizational, written, presentation, and oral communication skills.
- Must be self-motivated, driven, and detail-oriented.
For the right candidate there will also be room for progression and development.
Please be aware that should we pursue your application, you will be expected to complete a full CRB & Credit check to comply with regulatory requirements.