Role title: QA Engineer
Role location: Cardiff OR London
Salary: Competitive + excellent benefits
Who are we?
Life is sometimes messy, unpredictable, and surprising — that’s where we come in. 118 118 Money is a fast-growing tech enabled disruptor in the financial services market. Our mission is to help our customers handle whatever lands in their path, so they can get back out there and get on.
We hit the ground running in 2013 with our revolutionary unsecured personal loans and credit cards, giving UK residents access to credit at fair and affordable rates that we believe they deserve.
We have offices in Cardiff, Milton Keynes, with our HQ in London, the UK. Our customers teams are based in Manila, the Philippines.
The opportunity – we promise it’s a great one!
We are looking for a QA Engineer to join our Automation Team. This is an excellent opportunity for someone looking to make a difference. We are learning and growing every day and look for like-minded people who share our ambitions for the future. This is where you come in…
This is an exciting and challenging position for a highly motivated and energetic individual who is looking for the next step in their career. You must enjoy working in a very fast-paced, highly flexible environment.
The ideal candidate will have a working knowledge of test automation using BDD for both front end web applications (Selenium, Appium) and back-end services (Rest client). Previous experience of Ruby or C# language are also required to create test cases within a defined framework for web, mobile and desktop applications. You will need a good foundation of test case creation techniques and a numerate background.
The role will primarily be hands to create and execute automated and manual test cases on particular projects. This will involve, but not be limited to, developing test cases, bug reports and other test artefacts. The role will work as part of a geographically dispersed team across three continents.
The role can be based in London or Cardiff.
What will you be doing?
- Develop and execute automated test cases in an Agile environment.
- Identification, investigation, reporting and tracking bugs to resolution.
- Configuration of hardware and software as required by test plans.
- Provide progress reports on all assigned tasks as requested.
- Identify, investigate, reporting and tracking bugs to resolution.
- Assist with driving root-cause analysis/continuous improvement activities.
- Work with developers, customer services and operations to perform escalated problem diagnosis.
- Understand the impact of technical changes on business processes and advise accordingly in technical planning sessions.
- Ensure delivery against all QA tactical and strategic goals and objectives.
- Contribute to reporting of key QA & Test metrics.
The Ideal Candidate
What you’ll need:
- A bachelor’s degree in Information Technology or other numerate discipline.
- Selenium WebDriver experience including building and architecting automation frameworks.
- Experience in Ruby or C# programming language
- Experience of Cucumber and specification by example.
- Good knowledge and understanding of software testing techniques.
- Experience in testing web services (REST and/or SOAP).
- Knowledge of HTTP, Web and XML technology.
- Experience working with databases such as MS SQL and/or Oracle.
- Experience with QA processes and tools, test management systems, QA automation, bug analysis & trends, etc.
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills needed.
- Self-directed, with a passion for delivering quality products to production.
- Must have strong organizational, written, presentation, and oral communication skills.
- Must be self-motivated, driven, and detail-oriented.
About the Company
What’s in it for you?
- A competitive salary
- Company bonus scheme - if the business does well, you should get rewarded for your hard work
- 25 days' annual leave (plus bank holidays) – your balance stars from day 1 so don’t delay and start planning your time off!
- Company pension scheme – we provide an enhanced pension scheme with generous employer contributions to set you up for the future which includes life cover of 4x your base salary
- Cycle to work scheme – you’ll have the opportunity to purchase a new bike and pay us back each month
- Eye test – you can claim a freebie each year, or if your needs change
- Private Medical Insurance – for qualifying roles, you will be eligible to join the scheme (subject to the insurer’s criteria)
- Employee Assistance Programme - we offer membership to a recognised scheme to support you and your wellbeing
- A strong ethos of equality, diversity, and inclusion
Like what you’ve heard? Great - apply now!
As a candidate, we know the interview process can be daunting and so it’s important that you have a great experience with us. We will do all we can to make sure you are fully informed, are excited by our story so we get to see the best from you. Following your application, we will want to learn more about you, your motivations, experiences, and values. In turn, you get to learn about our business, our culture, the role and what we can offer you.
Equal Opportunity Employer
At 118 118 Money we are passionate about equality, diversity, and inclusion. We are committed to being representative of different cultures, background, lifestyles, and groups, where everyone has an equal chance to succeed. It is our policy to treat everyone fairly and to ensure no one is disadvantaged or receives less favourable treatment.
How we handle your data
118 118 Money requires your personal data to process your application for a position within our Company.
If your application is successful through to telephone screening/interview, and you are not selected for a role, we may store your personal data for 12 months to enable our HR team to contact you should future roles be advertised. Where you apply, but are not selected for telephone screening/interview, we will delete your personal data once the position is filled.
Please be aware that should we pursue your application, all our Financial Services employees will be expected to complete background checks to assess suitability for employment, these include; a criminal record, identity, sanctions, adverse finance, fraud prevention and reference checks to comply with our regulatory requirements.