Senior Analyst – Marketing
Senior Analyst – Marketing
Role location: Cardiff OR Milton Keynes OR London
Salary: Competitive + excellent benefits
Who are we?
Life is sometimes messy, unpredictable, and surprising — that’s where we come in. 118 118 Money is a fast-growing tech enabled disruptor in the financial services market. Our mission is to help our customers handle whatever lands in their path, so they can get back out there and get on.
We hit the ground running in 2013 with our revolutionary unsecured personal loans and credit cards, giving UK residents access to credit at fair and affordable rates that we believe they deserve.
We have offices in Cardiff, Milton Keynes, with our HQ in London, the UK. Our customers teams are based in Manila, the Philippines.
Our people are the heart of our business, this is a theme we all share as we look to build our people capability for the future. We recognise, reward, and celebrate great performance and behaviour. We provide a positive environment for our people to collaborate and thrive. We recruit great talent who share our values and ambition.
The opportunity – we promise it’s a great one!
We are looking for Senior Analyst – Marketing to join our Commercial Team. This is an excellent opportunity for someone looking to make a difference. We are learning and growing every day and look for like-minded people who share our ambitions for the future. This is where you come in…
As a member of the analytical team with responsibility to understand needs & deliver insights for the whole marketing function, you will partner with industry-leading experts to work on all aspects of the credit application flow for unsecured consumer lending portfolios. Hone your analytical skills and drive decision making across the marketing discipline, from acquisition strategy optimisation to campaign effectiveness, from channel pricing & promotional activity testing to customer profitability & geo-demographic profiling.
You will own your projects from start to finish, including any or all of: understanding business requirements, analytical solution design, data extraction and manipulation, results analysis, presentation of the findings, reporting implementation, process automation and monitoring of the impact of changes.
This role can be based in London, Milton Keynes or Cardiff.
What will you be doing?
- Provide marketing team with data based insight and recommendations for changes and improvements to product range, marketing activity, channel optimisation, strategy design, pricing and application processes
- Understand our customer demographics, how these change over time and vary by, for example, channel, product & price range
- Utilise advanced analytics and big data across multiple sources to enhance the relationships with our customers, affiliates & other business partners
- Evaluate and understand effects of changes made to accept criteria and other business initiatives on marketing effectiveness
- Produce reporting to monitor and provide insight across the customer acquisition journey making recommendations to improve current processes
- Provide insight into portfolio and segment trends through targeted analysis, forecasting and the development of regular MI
- Work closely with colleagues across the group to deliver a diverse range of projects
The Ideal Candidate
What you’ll need:
- Good relevant degree from a reputable university/college or equivalent in technical field (e.g. mathematics, physics, statistics or computing)
- Experienced user of SQL, ideally MS SQL Server and/or Snowflake but other similar RDBMS are acceptable
- Good experience of SAS or another statistical analysis tool (R, Python, SPSS, Stata, etc.)
- Strong track record of delivering marketing analytical support requirements, ideally in Financial Services industry
- Highly proficient using Excel and/or other graphical analysis tools
- Other programming experience will be a major advantage
- Excellent communication skills and ability to convey complex ideas/insights to non-technical members of the team
- An aptitude for getting to the bottom of a particular problem, breaking it apart and understanding it, before designing and implementing a solution
- Ability to work in an extremely fast paced environment
- Self-motivated and ability to operate independently while being flexible to adapt to change
About the Company
What’s in it for you?
- A competitive salary
- Company bonus scheme - if the business does well, you should get rewarded for your hard work
- 25 days' annual leave (plus bank holidays) – your balance stars from day 1 so don’t delay and start planning your time off!
- Company pension scheme – we provide an enhanced pension scheme with generous employer contributions to set you up for the future which includes life cover of 4x your base salary
- Cycle to work scheme – you’ll have the opportunity to purchase a new bike and pay us back each month
- Eye test – you can claim a freebie each year, or if your needs change
- Private Medical Insurance – for qualifying roles, you will be eligible to join the scheme (subject to the insurer’s criteria)
- Employee Assistance Programme - we offer membership to a recognised scheme to support you and your wellbeing
- A strong ethos of equality, diversity, and inclusion
- Wide business exposure, in terms of business disciplines, projects and stakeholders
- Excellent technical development with best practice mentorship in analytical techniques
- Direct contribution to business transformation and growth
- Huge learning and career progression opportunities
- Being valued as an individual from our team
- Full training, support and mentoring to develop a successful career in financial services
Like what you’ve heard? Great - apply now!
As a candidate, we know the interview process can be daunting and so it’s important that you have a great experience with us. We will do all we can to make sure you are fully informed, are excited by our story so we get to see the best from you. Following your application, we will want to learn more about you, your motivations, experiences, and values. In turn, you get to learn about our business, our culture, the role and what we can offer you.
Equal Opportunity Employer
At 118 118 Money we are passionate about equality, diversity, and inclusion. We are committed to being representative of different cultures, background, lifestyles, and groups, where everyone has an equal chance to succeed. It is our policy to treat everyone fairly and to ensure no one is disadvantaged or receives less favourable treatment.
How we handle your data
118 118 Money requires your personal data to process your application for a position within our Company.
If your application is successful through to telephone screening/interview, and you are not selected for a role, we may store your personal data for 12 months to enable our HR team to contact you should future roles be advertised. Where you apply, but are not selected for telephone screening/interview, we will delete your personal data once the position is filled.
Please be aware that should we pursue your application, all our Financial Services employees will be expected to complete background checks to assess suitability for employment, these include; a criminal record, identity, sanctions, adverse finance, fraud prevention and reference checks to comply with our regulatory requirements.