Senior Developer (.NET)
Role title: Senior .NET Developer
Role location: Cardiff OR Milton Keynes OR London
Salary: Competitive + excellent benefits
Who are we?
Life is sometimes messy, unpredictable, and surprising — that’s where we come in. 118 118 Money is a fast-growing tech enabled disruptor in the financial services market. Our mission is to help our customers handle whatever lands in their path, so they can get back out there and get on.
We hit the ground running in 2013 with our revolutionary unsecured personal loans and credit cards, giving UK residents access to credit at fair and affordable rates that we believe they deserve.
We have offices in Cardiff, Milton Keynes, with our HQ in London, the UK. Our customers teams are based in Manila, the Philippines.
Our people are the heart of our business, this is a theme we all share as we look to build our people capability for the future. We recognise, reward, and celebrate great performance and behaviour. We provide a positive environment for our people to collaborate and thrive. We recruit great talent who share our values and ambition.
The opportunity – we promise it’s a great one!
We are looking for an experienced .NET Developer to join our Tech team. This is an excellent opportunity for someone looking to make a difference. We are learning and growing every day and look for like-minded people who share our ambitions for the future. This is where you come in…
The company’s technology landscape is going through an exciting transition and you have a great opportunity in helping to lead in defining the core foundations of a leading Fintech disruptor.
You will help architect and build performant and highly scalable solutions using the Microsoft stack and following SOLID principles.
What will you be doing?
- Contribute to agile methodology to deliver consistent market leading engineering solutions working with but not limited to the following technologies; C#, ASP.NET, Microservices, .Net Core, AWS, Octopus Deploy, TeamCity, Jira.
- Write logical and pragmatic code ensuring it is fit for purpose, effective and scalable.
- Build and maintain solid working relationships across the business, specifically across product, BA and other key stakeholders assigned to projects to assist with the smooth delivery of assigned projects
- Operate in a manner compliant with all applicable regulations, ensure relevant processes are followed.
- Identify, assess and help mitigate any bugs or risks across the projects assigned.
- Pro-actively flag and help plan work to improve the code base and reduce technical debt.
- Develop a strong knowledge of relevant 118118Money products, regulatory practices and procedures, service standards, processing and systems relating to software engineering
The Ideal Candidate
What you’ll need:
- Degree educated and/or proven coding experience.
- Experience in a regulated industry or listed business environment, particularly an FCA authorised business, preferred but not required
- C#, ASP.Net experience. Experience of highly performant distributed systems would be a bonus.
- Working knowledge of front-end web technologies.
- Experience working in an Agile development environment.
- Ability to work independently, manage time and prioritise effectively.
- Ability to develop self and others
- Proven analytical and problem solving skills
- Willingness and ability to learn new technologies and concepts
- Ability to develop and document processes
About the Company
What’s in it for you?
- A competitive salary
- Company bonus scheme - if the business does well, you should get rewarded for your hard work
- 25 days' annual leave (plus bank holidays) – your balance stars from day 1 so don’t delay and start planning your time off!
- Company pension scheme – we provide an enhanced pension scheme with generous employer contributions to set you up for the future which includes life cover of 4x your base salary
- Cycle to work scheme – you’ll have the opportunity to purchase a new bike and pay us back each month
- Eye test – you can claim a freebie each year, or if your needs change
- Private Medical Insurance – for qualifying roles, you will be eligible to join the scheme (subject to the insurer’s criteria)
- Employee Assistance Programme - we offer membership to a recognised scheme to support you and your wellbeing
- A strong ethos of equality, diversity, and inclusion
Like what you’ve heard? Great - apply now!
As a candidate, we know the interview process can be daunting and so it’s important that you have a great experience with us. We will do all we can to make sure you are fully informed, are excited by our story so we get to see the best from you. Following your application, we will want to learn more about you, your motivations, experiences, and values. In turn, you get to learn about our business, our culture, the role and what we can offer you.
Equal Opportunity Employer
At 118 118 Money we are passionate about equality, diversity, and inclusion. We are committed to being representative of different cultures, background, lifestyles, and groups, where everyone has an equal chance to succeed. It is our policy to treat everyone fairly and to ensure no one is disadvantaged or receives less favourable treatment.
How we handle your data
118 118 Money requires your personal data to process your application for a position within our Company.
If your application is successful through to telephone screening/interview, and you are not selected for a role, we may store your personal data for 12 months to enable our HR team to contact you should future roles be advertised. Where you apply, but are not selected for telephone screening/interview, we will delete your personal data once the position is filled.
Please be aware that should we pursue your application, all our Financial Services employees will be expected to complete background checks to assess suitability for employment, these include; a criminal record, identity, sanctions, adverse finance, fraud prevention and reference checks to comply with our regulatory requirements.