Senior Marketing Analyst
At 118 118 Money, we help people every day. Our innovative personal loans and revolutionary credit cards have been game changers in the UK financial services space, giving folks access to the affordable credit that we believe they deserve. To support our rapid growth, we are building up our analytical capabilities — that’s where you come in!
A member of the analytical team with responsibility to understand needs & deliver insights for the whole marketing function, you will partner with industry-leading experts to work on all aspects of the credit application flow for unsecured consumer lending portfolios. Hone your analytical skills and drive decision making across the marketing discipline, from acquisition strategy optimisation to campaign effectiveness, from channel pricing & promotional activity testing to customer profitability & geo-demographic profiling.
You will own your projects from start to finish, including any or all of: understanding business requirements, analytical solution design, data extraction and manipulation, results analysis, presentation of the findings, reporting implementation, process automation and monitoring of the impact of changes.
This role can be based in London, Milton Keynes or Cardiff.
· Provide marketing team with data based insight and recommendations for changes and improvements to product range, marketing activity, channel optimisation, strategy design, pricing and application processes
· Understand our customer demographics, how these change over time and vary by, for example, channel, product & price range
· Utilise advanced analytics and big data across multiple sources to enhance the relationships with our customers, affiliates & other business partners
· Evaluate and understand effects of changes made to accept criteria and other business initiatives on marketing effectiveness
· Produce reporting to monitor and provide insight across the customer acquisition journey making recommendations to improve current processes
· Provide insight into portfolio and segment trends through targeted analysis, forecasting and the development of regular MI
· Work closely with colleagues across the group to deliver a diverse range of projects
The Ideal Candidate
- Good relevant degree from a reputable university/college or equivalent in technical field (e.g. mathematics, physics, statistics or computing)
- Experienced user of SQL, ideally MS SQL Server and/or Snowflake but other similar RDBMS are acceptable
- Good experience of SAS or another statistical analysis tool (R, Python, SPSS, Stata, etc.)
- Strong track record of delivering marketing analytical support requirements, ideally in Financial Services industry
- Highly proficient using Excel and/or other graphical analysis tools
- Other programming experience will be a major advantage
- Excellent communication skills and ability to convey complex ideas/insights to non-technical members of the team
- An aptitude for getting to the bottom of a particular problem, breaking it apart and understanding it, before designing and implementing a solution
- Ability to work in an extremely fast paced environment
- Self-motivated and ability to operate independently while being flexible to adapt to change
Please be aware that should we pursue your application, all our Financial Services employees will be expected to complete background checks to assess suitability for employment, these include; a criminal record, identity, sanctions, adverse finance, fraud prevention and reference checks to comply with our regulatory requirements.