Senior Network & SysOps Engineer
At 118 118 Money, we help people every day. Our innovative personal loans and revolutionary credit cards have been game changers in the UK financial services space, giving folks access to the affordable credit that we believe they deserve. Our customers are at the heart of everything we do and we are continually looking for ways to do things better, in order to do that we’re scaling up our technology team — that’s where you come in!
This position is for a hands on experienced senior engineer responsible for all aspects of systems, network and voice service. The job role encompasses the full life-cycle of system, data and voice engineering, including requirements analysis, planning and design, physical implementation, maintenance and operational support of all services as required to meet the constantly changing business needs. There is a strong focus on security, performance and resiliency, all of which needs to be considered.
The candidate must be self-motivated, highly disciplined in all aspects of technical execution and a quick learner with keen problem solving and analytic skills. Travel, overnight work and customer interaction is required. The highest level of tact and professionalism is required when working with customers and vendors during high priority time sensitive operations. The ability to effectively and successfully manage multiple time constrained priorities is a fundamental requirement. The ideal candidate will have proven abilities in networking and systems support.
· Configure, install, and manage network hardware and software infrastructure in support of existing or new business and/or changing business needs with adherence to defined corporate and industry standards, including: Meraki MX security Appliances, Switches, Routers, Firewalls and IDS/IPS, Corporate wireless, Video conferencing, Vendor and Corporate remote access IPSEC and SSL VPNs
· Provide Tier 1 to 3 support for internal systems, users and external customers
· Perform troubleshooting and remediation of system events as assigned through the Incident and Change Management process and conduct all necessary root cause analysis and follow-up actions
· Produce, enhance and maintain corporate network standards documentation and diagrams
· Monitor system and service performance and utilization
· Assist the wider team with software releases and product enhancement
· Participate in evaluating and recommending improvements to the infrastructure through new hardware, software, services, technologies and methods to improve efficiency, stability, reliability and cost-effectiveness
· Monitor and maintain all levels of system security internally and externally
· Maintain IP subnets, DNS and port allocations
· Maintain backups of all system configurations in case of disaster recovery
The Ideal Candidate
- A Bachelor's degree from an accredited university in computer science, information systems, engineering, or other related scientific or technical discipline. (May substitute related experience for educational requirement)
- CCNA/CCNP (Cisco Certified Network Associate/Practitioner) certification or extensive hands on network experience is required
- At least one additional Professional or higher Level Certification would be advantageous – MCP\MCSE, AWS based certification, LPIC-1
- Significant proven experience in designing, installing and maintaining large scale networking systems
- Advanced experience with data center and call center operations
- Experience with enterprise SIP VoIP call-delivery technologies
- Experience of hybrid cloud/in house networks including VPC peering
- Must have experience in supporting Layer 2 switching and Layer 3 routing technologies
- Advanced experience in managing multi domain Active Directory and cloud based infrastructure
- Experience with the DevOps lifecycle
- Advanced experience in supporting a 200+ dispersed user base operating 24x7
- Experience in Industry Standard InfoSec and PCI compliant environments
Required Technical Skills:
Please be aware that should we pursue your application, all our Financial Services employees will be expected to complete a standard CRB & adverse finance check to comply with regulatory requirements.