Senior Technical Product Manager
At 118 118 Money, we help people every day. Our innovative personal loans and revolutionary credit cards have been game changers in the UK financial services space, giving folks access to the affordable credit that we believe they deserve.
This is an exciting and challenging position for a talented Product Manager who thrives on new challenges, possesses true entrepreneurial spirit and enjoys working in a fast-paced, highly flexible environment. You’ll be responsible for the initial launch and then delivery of new features and iterations which will improve operational efficiencies and support new product launches (we have a very exciting one in the pipeline).
You’ll need to be a strong communicator in order to collaborate with your product peers, technical team, senior management and operations. In addition, you must possess a unique blend of business and technical savvy; a big-picture vision, and an analytical mind to ensure no stone is unturned when delivering a project.
You will have a successful track record of managing complex systems, ideally in the finance space or another regulated industry and have an intuitive understanding of the business drivers and metrics that affect revenue and results.
• Work with the subject matter experts in the business to paint a vision and develop a roadmap for the overall direction of the new product.
• Be the new product’s Product Owner. Drive product management activities including discovery sessions, product requirements creation, prioritisation of features, build consensus amongst the company, and coordinate product schedules with a team of engineers and designers.
• Monitor product development activities and timelines.
• Define and own key success metrics.
• Be the go-to product expert and support ad-hoc queries.
• Support head of product with consumer side products.
The Ideal Candidate
- Significant experience of product management at a data heavy, process driven organization preferably building enterprise-class software.
- Exceptional analytical and problem solving skills, and experience applying those skills to resolve product design and technical issues
- Proactive by nature, deadline-conscious, results-driven, with a “can-do” orientation and winning attitude
- Product leadership: engineers and designers respect you because you understand product design and development. You backup product plans with transparent process and analysis.
- Teamwork and collaboration: you are effective at working with business teams and creating jointly owned goals and metrics
- Excellent communication skills: You can communicate product ideas through prototypes, mockups and sketches, you can present data analysis to technical audience as well as being able to speak to non-technical audience about product strategy. You have the ability to sell a product vision. You present effectively to different audiences
- Experience working with Agile methodologies, Scrum or Kanban, software such as Jira
- Ability to operate autonomously is a must.
Please be aware that should we pursue your application, all our Financial Services employees will be expected to complete a standard CRB & adverse finance check to comply with regulatory requirements.