Social Media and Communications Specialist
At 118 118 Money, we help people every day. Our innovative personal loans and revolutionary credit cards have been game changers in the UK financial services space, giving folks access to the affordable credit that we believe they deserve.
This is an exciting opportunity for a talented social media and communications specialist to join us as part of our business growth plan and journey to a digital first customer operation model.
We are looking for an experienced social media and communications specialist to join our HR team to
help us engage and communicate with our internal colleagues, as well as enhance and raise the profile of our brand externally to help us attract new talent to the business.
You will be the driving force behind building our employer brand and content strategy by sharing engaging and on-brand content about our company purpose, culture, employee value proposition and all the fantastic opportunities that our growth plan is creating.
You will need to be a natural storyteller, creative, tech savvy, a social media champion and a data-driven decision maker.
· Promote our company purpose, employer brand and employee value proposition internally and externally to help us retain and attract talent.
· Create and deliver an internal and external plan with engaging content and metrics so we can monitor our performance. The plan will utilise social media such as LinkedIn, Facebook, Glassdoor, Twitter, and Instagram as well as the use of blogs, brochures, and videos etc., to grow our audience.
· Deliver internal communication and engagement programmes that will ensure all colleagues are connected and engaged with the business and our culture.
· Encourage colleagues to share content to increase engagement.
· Educate candidates and passive jobseekers about who we are and what we have to offer.
· Produce targeted content that attracts the right talent to our job opportunities.
· You will use external market insights to develop campaigns and constantly monitor data and progress.
· As a member of the HR team you’ll contribute to other key projects and day to day activities to support the team’s overall goals.
The Ideal Candidate
· Experience in a similar role with a strong track record of creating and delivering an engaging and metric based plan.
· Experience in a regulatory environment - financial services would be an advantage but not essential.
· A passion for telling the employer story to build awareness of the brand and improve engagement internally and externally.
· You will be a creative and innovative thinker, constantly striving to improve performance.
· Able to quickly create creative and detailed content from scratch using a variety of media and materials.
· Adaptability in rapidly changing situations, deal well with ambiguity and able to make decisions on incomplete information.
· Capable of quickly building and maintaining good relationships with colleagues.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
· Financially aware, ability to work within budgetary parameters.
· Self-motivated, committed, delivery focused and able to work independently.
· Hands on, pro-active, flexible, practical, well organised and used to working within a dynamic, fast moving, ever evolving business environment.
· Highly proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.