At 118 118 Money, we help people every day. Our innovative personal loans and revolutionary credit cards have been game changers in the UK financial services space, giving folks access to the affordable credit that we believe they deserve. Our customers are at the heart of everything we do and we are continually looking for ways to do things better, in order to do that we’re scaling up our technology team — that’s where you come in!
The company’s technology landscape is going through an exciting transition and you have a great opportunity in helping to lead in defining the core foundations of a leading Fintech disruptor.
Help lead, architect and build performant and highly scalable solutions using the Microsoft stack and following SOLID principles.
- Lead cross-functional project teams and deliver effective cross-disciplinary collaboration throughout the project development lifecycle, ensuring alignment with business priorities and that all software development is delivered on schedule, championing coding best practices to a standard that enables the business to scale.
- Lead agile methodology to deliver consistent market leading engineering solutions working with but not limited to the following technologies; C#, ASP.NET, Microservices, .Net Core, AWS, Octopus Deploy, TeamCity, Jira.
- Write logical and pragmatic code ensuring it is fit for purpose, effective and scalable.
- Build and maintain solid working relationships across the business, specifically across product, BA and other key stakeholders assigned to projects to assist with the smooth delivery of assigned projects
- Operate in a manner compliant with all applicable regulations, ensure relevant processes are followed.
- Identify, assess and help mitigate any bugs or risks across the projects assigned.
- Pro-actively flag and help plan work to improve the code base and reduce technical debt.
- Develop a strong knowledge of relevant 118118Money products, regulatory practices and procedures, service standards, processing and systems relating to software engineering
The Ideal Candidate
- Degree educated and/or proven coding experience.
- Experience in a regulated industry or listed business environment, particularly an FCA authorised business, preferred but not required
- C#, ASP.Net experience. Experience of highly performant distributed systems would be a bonus.
- Working knowledge of front-end web technologies.
- Experience working in an Agile development environment.
- Ability to work independently, manage time and prioritise effectively.
- Ability to develop self and others
- Proven analytical and problem solving skills
- Willingness and ability to learn new technologies and concepts
- Ability to develop and document processes
- Attention to detail
- Ethics and integrity
- Operational and project delivery
- Relationship building
Please be aware that should we pursue your application, all our Financial Services employees will be expected to complete a full CRB & adverse finance check to comply with regulatory requirements.
118 118 Money requires your personal data to process your application for a position within our Company.
If your application is successful through to telephone screening/interview, and you are not selected for a role, we may store your personal data for 3 years to enable our HR team to contact you should future roles be advertised.
Where you apply, but are not selected for telephone screening/interview, we will delete your personal data once the position is filled.
118 118 money does not use automated decisioning or profiling when selecting candidates.