Trainee Lending Risk Assessor
Based in Cardiff, this is an exciting and challenging position for highly motivated, dynamic and energetic individuals. You must enjoy working in a flexible, dynamic environment. This position will report to the Lending Operations Manager.
The ideal candidates will ensure enhanced due diligence on all required customer applications is carried out effectively and if necessary passed onto the Financial Crime Investigators. The candidate will be contacting customers to ensure the risk of fraudulent activity is reduced by verifying customer documents in line with legislation which is reflected in company policy and procedures.
- To review and verify documentation received to investigate potential fraudulent activity at application stage by analysing all available information, including bureau data, contact details, bank account information and identity documents, to reach a decision on whether to lend.
- Complete the review and assessment of each flagged application within agreed SLAs.
- Reviewing information provided by CIFAS database in accordance with the CIFAS rules.
- Pro-actively contacting customers for additional information or clarification to meet lending conditions in a timely manner.
- Follow existing processes, whilst actively seeking out new ways of identifying fraud and vulnerability in our systems and implementing ways to mitigate these.
- Provide colleagues and customers with a professional and efficient service in an enthusiastic, professional and knowledgeable manner at all times.
- Ensure effective management of individual workload & ensure that productivity targets are met.
- Maintain an up-to-date knowledge of and ensure compliance with regulatory and legislative information related to Consumer Finance products and services (e.g. Money Laundering, Data Protection, Consumer Credit, Proceeds of Crime Act, Fraud Act etc.).
- Communicate clearly in writing and verbally, including by phone, to customers, external agencies and senior management.
- Identify and investigate all suspicious activity, reporting and documenting to NCA and MLRO as appropriate, and in compliance with regulations and company procedures.
- To investigate potential Sanctions and Politically Exposed Persons matches, liaising with the Compliance team in a timely manner.
- To investigate any Notices of Correction and liaise with the customer as necessary.
The Ideal Candidate
- An understanding of consumer lending is desirable
- Previous experience within a regulated consumer lending environment is desirable.
- Dynamic, flexible and enthusiastic and a strong team player
- Computer literacy including MS Office
- Strong communication skills and attention to detail.
Please be aware that should we pursue your application, all our Financial Services employees will be expected to complete a standard CRB, identity & adverse finance check to comply with regulatory requirements.
118 118 Money requires your personal data to process your application for a position within our Company.
If your application is successful through to telephone screening/interview, and you are not selected for a role, we may store your personal data for 3 years to enable our HR team to contact you should future roles be advertised.