At 118 118 Money, we help people every day. Our innovative personal loans and revolutionary credit cards have been game changers in the UK financial services space, giving folks access to the affordable credit that we believe they deserve.
Based in Cardiff, the Treasury Analyst will provide support in financing of the company’s loan portfolio, management of warehouse facilities, banking relationships and long term funding strategies. This will involve being responsible for technical and analytical treasury-related recommendations to the executive team. You will minimise financial and liquidity risk to the business through sound operational treasury practices, deliver cost-efficient funding of the business and maintaining a sound and effective control environment.
The ideal candidate will have a financial services background, have an interest in Treasury, with considerable analytical skills, able to take raw data, analyze it and perform sensitivity analysis using key drivers as inputs. This position will require partnering and working closely with senior business leaders. The successful candidate will not be afraid to dig into the details from the get go.
This position will have strong links to senior leadership, the business, operations and finance teams globally.
The role will be central to the Treasury function within finance but will also have a close working relationship with Financial Planning and Accounting functions. They will work closely with teams globally to provide accurate, timely, and high quality analysis. The Analyst will have hands on experience in helping develop and implement a long-term funding strategy for the business and gain in-depth experience of day to day liquidity management.
· Day to day treasury and cash management, including managing intergroup funding arrangements.
· Support Treasury Manager in managing intra bank account funding and approvals.
· Ensuring adequate liquidity is maintained in the business.
· Assist in the cashflow modelling & forecasting for 118 118 Money.
· Interface on a regular basis with the global finance team to make them aware of treasury/cash management issues.
· Work with internal departments to accurately forecast timing and amount of future cash flows.
· Support Treasury Manager in improving and developing behavioural modelling of Credit Cards and Loans business.
· Be confident and concise in communicating cash constraints to business and commercial teams.
· Monthly covenant reporting, related forecasts to highlight any issues to senior management.
The Ideal Candidate
- Degree from a top university/college.
- Studying or planning to become a qualified accountant in ACCA /CIMA.
- Demonstrated expertise in financial analysis (developing financial models, analysing financial statements, collating management information).
- Advanced user of Microsoft Excel, and planning tools - proven ability to build comprehensive financial models.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment.
- Experience working with senior management team.
- Strong quantitative analysis skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Capable of staying on track and pursuing solutions with limited supervision.
- Ability to cope with the ambiguity that is consistent with the start-up of a new product.
- Comfortable communicating with senior management is essential.
- Self motivated and able to work to tight deadlines.
Please be aware that should we pursue your application, all our Financial Services employees will be expected to complete a standard CRB & adverse finance check to comply with regulatory requirements.