This is an exciting and challenging position for a commercially focused professional Treasury Manager, who thrives on new challenges, possesses true entrepreneurial spirit and enjoys working in a fast-paced, highly flexible environment.
118 118 Money Keeps Britain Running! Life is sometimes messy, unpredictable and surprising — that’s where we come in. We provide personalised financial solutions so our customers can handle whatever lands in their path, to get back out there and get on.
Launched in 2013, we came to shake up the traditional UK financial services industry with our unsecured personal loan product. Always looking to challenge the status quo, we also recently launched the 118 118 Money Card, the first ever subscription-based credit card on the market.
The ideal candidate will have a good academic background, and treasury experience within a service-led business. This is a vital role for the business and the successful applicant will be responsible for the financing of the company’s loan portfolio, management of warehouse facilities, banking relationships and long term funding strategies.
To be successful in this role, the candidate will need to be detailed oriented, possess strong communications skills and have the ability to take complex data and break it down with recommendations for senior management to make informed business decisions.
As Treasury Manager you will be responsible for technical and analytical treasury-related recommendations to the executive team. You will minimise financial and liquidity risk to the business through sound operational treasury practices, deliver cost-efficient funding of the business and maintaining a sound and effective control environment.
Key Responsibilities & Objectives
- Day to day treasury and cash management, including managing intergroup funding arrangements
- Coordination and management of cash flow forecasting and payments
- Monitoring incoming and outgoing funds movements, loan book and external/internal funding
- Monthly covenant reporting, related forecasts to highlight any issues to senior management
- Support the CFO in sourcing new funders, then developing and managing those relationships
- Ensuring adequate liquidity is maintained in the business
- Assessing the market for risks, proposing and presenting a strategy to senior management
- Monitor and ensure proper operational liquidity and cash balances maintained in all bank accounts
- Interface on a regular basis with the global finance team to make them aware of treasury/cash management issues
- Understand company credit facilities
- Verify, monitor and execute all monthly/quarterly interest expense payments for warehouse facilities
- Work with internal departments to accurately forecast timing and amount of future cash flows
- Interface with internal and external auditors/accountants & in-house/external counsel regarding credit facilities.
The Ideal Candidate
- ACA/ACCA/CIMA/CTA qualified accountant
- Proven and relevant corporate treasury experience from a commercial role in a service based industry
- Demonstrated expertise in developing financial models
- Expert user of Microsoft Excel, and planning tools - proven ability to rapidly build comprehensive financial models
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Experience working with senior management team
- Excellent attention to detail
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Capable of staying on track and pursuing solutions with limited supervision
- Strong stakeholder management skills
- Comfortable communicating with senior management is essential
- Self-motivated and able to work to tight deadlines
Please be aware that should we pursue your application, all our Financial Services employees will be expected to complete a standard CRB & adverse finance check to comply with regulatory requirements.