Role title: Treasury Manager
Role location: London OR Milton Keynes OR Cardiff
Salary: Competitive + excellent benefits
Who are we?
Life is sometimes messy, unpredictable, and surprising — that’s where we come in. 118 118 Money is a fast-growing tech enabled disruptor in the financial services market. Our mission is to help our customers handle whatever lands in their path, so they can get back out there and get on.
We hit the ground running in 2013 with our revolutionary unsecured personal loans and credit cards, giving UK residents access to credit at fair and affordable rates that we believe they deserve.
We have offices in Cardiff, Milton Keynes, with our HQ in London, the UK. Our customers teams are based in Manila, the Philippines.
Our people are the heart of our business, this is a theme we all share as we look to build our people capability for the future. We recognise, reward, and celebrate great performance and behaviour. We provide a positive environment for our people to collaborate and thrive. We recruit great talent who share our values and ambition.
The opportunity – we promise it’s a great one!
We are looking for a Treasury Manager to join our business in either London, Milton Keynes, or Cardiff. This is an excellent opportunity for someone looking to make a difference. We are learning and growing every day and look for like-minded people who share our ambitions for the future. This is where you come in…
What you will be doing?
As Treasury Manager you will be responsible for technical and analytical treasury-related recommendations to the executive team. You will minimise financial and liquidity risk to the business through sound operational treasury practices, deliver cost-efficient funding of the business and maintaining a sound and effective control environment.
- Day to day treasury and cash management, including managing intergroup funding arrangements.
- Coordination and management of cash flow forecasting and payments.
- Monitoring incoming and outgoing funds movements, loan book and external/internal funding.
- Monthly covenant reporting, related forecasts to highlight any issues to senior management.
- Support the CFO in sourcing new funders, then developing and managing those relationships.
- Ensuring adequate liquidity is maintained in the business.
- Assessing the market for risks, proposing and presenting a strategy to senior management.
- Monitor and ensure proper operational liquidity and cash balances maintained in all bank accounts
- Interface on a regular basis with the global finance team to make them aware of treasury/cash management issues.
- Understand company credit facilities.
- Verify, monitor and execute all monthly/quarterly interest expense payments for warehouse facilities.
- Work with internal departments to accurately forecast timing and amount of future cash flows.
- Interface with internal and external auditors/accountants & in-house/external counsel regarding credit facilities.
- Line manager responsibility for a Treasury Analyst
- Working closely with the Head of Structured Finance on the financing arrangements
The Ideal Candidate
We’re looking for someone who…
…. has a good academic background, and treasury experience within a service-led business. This is a vital role for the business and the successful applicant will be responsible for the financing of the company’s loan portfolio, management of warehouse facilities, banking relationships and long term funding strategies.
To be successful in this role, the candidate will need to be detailed oriented, possess strong communications skills and have the ability to take complex data and break it down with recommendations for senior management to make informed business decisions.
What you’ll need:
- AMCT/MCT qualification
- Degree from a top university/college.
- Proven and relevant corporate treasury experience from a commercial role in a service based industry
- Demonstrated expertise in developing financial models Expert user of Microsoft Excel, and planning tools - proven ability to rapidly build comprehensive financial model
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Experience working with senior management team
- Excellent attention to detail
- Capable of staying on track and pursuing solutions with limited supervision, to meet tight deadlines
- Strong stakeholder management skills
About the Company
What’s in it for you?
- A competitive salary
- Company bonus scheme - if the business does well, you should get rewarded for your hard work
- 25 days' annual leave (plus bank holidays) – your balance stars from day 1 so don’t delay and start planning your time off!
- Company pension scheme – we provide an enhanced pension scheme with generous employer contributions to set you up for the future which includes life cover of 4x your base salary
- Cycle to work scheme – you’ll have the opportunity to purchase a new bike and pay us back each month
- Eye test – you can claim a freebie each year, or if your needs change
- Private Medical Insurance – for qualifying roles, you will be eligible to join the scheme (subject to the insurer’s criteria)
- Employee Assistance Programme - we offer membership to a recognised scheme to support you and your wellbeing
- A strong ethos of equality, diversity, and inclusion
Like what you’ve heard? Great - apply now!
As a candidate, we know the interview process can be daunting and so it’s important that you have a great experience with us. We will do all we can to make sure you are fully informed, are excited by our story so we get to see the best from you. Following your application, we will want to learn more about you, your motivations, experiences, and values. In turn, you get to learn about our business, our culture, the role and what we can offer you.
Equal Opportunity Employer
At 118 118 Money we are passionate about equality, diversity, and inclusion. We are committed to being representative of different cultures, background, lifestyles, and groups, where everyone has an equal chance to succeed. It is our policy to treat everyone fairly and to ensure no one is disadvantaged or receives less favourable treatment.
How we handle your data
118 118 Money requires your personal data to process your application for a position within our Company.
If your application is successful through to telephone screening/interview, and you are not selected for a role, we may store your personal data for 12 months to enable our HR team to contact you should future roles be advertised. Where you apply, but are not selected for telephone screening/interview, we will delete your personal data once the position is filled.
Please be aware that should we pursue your application, all our Financial Services employees will be expected to complete background checks to assess suitability for employment, these include; a criminal record, identity, sanctions, adverse finance, fraud prevention and reference checks to comply with our regulatory requirements.