At 118 118 Money, we help people every day. Our innovative personal loans and revolutionary credit cards have been game changers in the UK financial services space, giving folks access to the affordable credit that we believe they deserve.
Based in London or Milton Keynes, we are looking for an experienced UX/UI Designer to champion user experience; owning the design of our website, apps and branding.
As a UX/UI designer you will work closely with the Creative Director and part of the wider commercial team. A customer champion with a passion for user centered design the UX/UI designer will be focused on customer experience throughout our digital landscape whilst ensuring overall vision meets business requirements.
You will have a good understanding of front-end development and UX processes that will enable you to support user story mapping, CX flows and wireframing if required. You will be responsible in owning the 118 118 Money design system and ensuring all flows and screens are slick, on brand and pixel perfect.
You will have a keen interest in customer experience and user interaction, someone who strives to creatively resolve problems to help the customer achieve their goals whilst still meeting business objectives.
As a cross functional team, you will work closely with Product Managers, Developers and key stakeholders across the business to define and deliver the creation of new products and services as well as transformation of existing ones.
- Support/lead with UX process through user flows, wireframes, and low/high fidelity mockups
- Ability to create rapid prototypes for various audiences
- Support in running, analysing and reporting user testing experiments through the iterative process
- Be able to use a combination of data and customer feedback to refine and optimize screens, processes and micro-interactions
- Continuously deliver design iterations in order to achieve the best experience
- Design and deliver pixel perfect, elegant, and effective user interfaces
- Create, own and manage the 118 118 Money design system ensuring internal and external partners are adhering to guidelines
- Work directly with the tech team to understand the business needs and related requirements
- Gain a deep understanding of the 118 118 Money products, online account and app
- Assist in the conception, creation and development of initiatives to help achieve business targets and goals
- Run and socialise regular competitor analysis and market trends
- Work closely with Acquisition team to identify and solve usability issues
- Collaborate with a globally diverse team
- Execute at all levels of the design process from prototype to launch
- Be able to support on graphic design work for print or other channels when required
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to articulate and present you creative thinking effectively to a diverse audience
The Ideal Candidate
- Commercial UX/UI design experience
- Eager to deliver impeccable visual designs whilst showcasing strong user interface design skills
- We run at speed and need someone who is a quick learner, open minded and curious and who is eager to learn new skills
- Ability to think on your feet whilst conveying your ideas and thought process
- Expertise in standard UX/UI software such as Sketch, Figma, abstract, invision and marvel
- Skilled in Photoshop, Illustrator, and other design tools
- Up to date with the latest UI trends, techniques, and technologies, best in class design solutions
- Financial Services experience would be desirable.
- An outstanding portfolio that shows your ability to design compelling, simple, beautiful, and responsive interfaces
- Familiar with each stage of the design UX/UI design process (eg: process flow development, system architecture, wireframing, research, interaction design, visual design, prototyping)
- Adept with rapid prototyping to validate design ideas and opinions
- Able to work within a design process that encourages collaboration between diverse teams
- You are comfortable working with complexity and ambiguity, and you take a logical approach to navigating this and identifying the key things that need to get done
- You’ll take pride in your work and show full ownership and autonomy. Taking responsibility of documentation for our internal governance process
Please be aware that should we pursue your application, all our Financial Services employees will be expected to complete background checks to assess suitability for employment, these include; a criminal record, identity, sanctions, adverse finance, fraud prevention and reference checks to comply with our regulatory requirements.